E Bike rear wheel removal

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Trigger

E Bike rear wheel removal

Post by Trigger »

Well that was a faff, my old man asked me to repair a puncture on his wife E-Bike, no worries thinks I as I've got some spare 26" tubes so I thought I'd just throw a new tube in and repair the existing one to use as a spare.

This E-Bike is getting on a bit and from back when these were first steps into this sort of thing, but even so I still couldn't believe that there was no plug in the cable to the rear hub motor so in effect the rear wheel can't come out! I traced the cable all the way back to a box of gubbins in a plastic box at the BB so common sense told me that if I couldn't see a plug between the hub and this box then it should be inside said box. Wrong. Hard wired.

So in the end I just repaired the tube in situ and put it all back together, they'd also run the cable to the rear V brake with the noodle upside down so it was almost impossible to release the tension to get the tyre through. Not much thought gone into this thing, I've no idea what they expect you to do with a puncture at the road side.

Have I missed something obvious?