Mudguards M:Part Primoplastics 35mm

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
nomm

Mudguards M:Part Primoplastics 35mm

Post by nomm »

So looking at a new pair of guards and several people who I ride with have M:Part Primoplastics 35mm and swear by them compared to SKS options - less rattle, easier to fit, rear pops off too, come with a flap...etc

So I have looked (and pretty hard) for a pair of these in 35mm - they appear to be an older model, and no longer exist?

Now they seem to be 38mm with a different fitting system, very similar to SKS models - so back to sks?
PH

Re: Mudguards M:Part Primoplastics 35mm

Post by PH »

The clip that attaches the stay to the guard is the weak point, I've seen a few break, including one of my own. I can't see how anyone would think it made for a more rigid fitting, If anyone can fit them so they don't rattle, then they can do the same with a SKS (Now mostly branded Bluemels). Fitting them isn't a job anyone relishes, but if you do so without any part being under strain, then they last well and don't rattle.
nomm

Re: Mudguards M:Part Primoplastics 35mm

Post by nomm »

PH wrote:The clip that attaches the stay to the guard is the weak point, I've seen a few break, including one of my own. I can't see how anyone would think it made for a more rigid fitting, If anyone can fit them so they don't rattle, then they can do the same with a SKS (Now mostly branded Bluemels). Fitting them isn't a job anyone relishes, but if you do so without any part being under strain, then they last well and don't rattle.

Yes - this has been more my experience with SKS - ordered some longboards and a new pair of bolt cutters :lol: