Garmin rear light

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
KM2

Garmin rear light

Post by KM2 »

Does anyone know if these have a pairing mode (button press etc) or do they pair when turned on and you just search for the light on the head unit?
C49371A0-BB92-454A-BCA2-685D299A1E78.jpeg
Redvee

Re: Garmin rear light

Post by Redvee »

Assuming your head unit has the right firmware then it is simply a question of pairing with the light, that looks like a radar light. It is now possible to view on a map where vehicles passed you and the number of vehicles at that location also, you need to download a Garmin Connect IQ app to acheive this.
KM2

Post by KM2 »

But does it pair automatically ?
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

If it's turned on then it should, I've got a Bontagher Flare RT rear light that when in standby mode will pair up with my 820 and will turn on when I start a ride. If a sensor is active then pairing is automatic.
Google your head unit and radar rear light and you'll get 000's of results.
RickH

Post by RickH »

The manual can be found here. It looks like you search for sensors on your Edge (assuming that is what you have) then turn the light on & it should find it.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
sizbut

Post by sizbut »

Once its been added as a sensor once, then it discovered automatically in future when it and the Garmin are switched on.

The only issue I've found is if in long cafe breaks the Garmin goes into sleep mode, it sometimes won't find the rear light again. But always solved by turning both on/off again.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I managed to pair mine with both my Garmin Edge 810 and my wife's 820 Explore. I've also paired it with my son in law's Wahoo Bolt. The process is slightly different for each head unit, check the instructions for your GPS. Once paired, it will pick up the radar automatically, once both the head unit and the radar light are turned on. You can pair it to more than one head unit at a time, so that if you are out in a pair or small group, everyone who is paired to the unit gets the radar alerts.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
KM2

Post by KM2 »

Thanks to all.
I’m thinking that the problem is the head unit, garmin edge 800, not having sensor connection for it.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

There might be a software update available for you 800 to enable this, assuming you've got Garmin Express app on your PC open it and connect your 800 and see what updates are showing.