Vertical mudguard friendly storage

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
RoyGo3

Vertical mudguard friendly storage

Post by RoyGo3 »

I’d like to save some space by storing my bike vertically, using a wall clamp type option that holds the front wheel up, leaving just the back wheel touching the ground.

However, the rear mudguard would get in the way and cause an issue here. Can anyone recommend a similar vertical option, but one which would hold the back wheel slightly off the ground - therefore keeping the mudguard safe from harm?!
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Brucey

Re: Vertical mudguard friendly storage

Post by Brucey »

there are plenty of hooks which are designed to keep the rear wheel off the ground; in fact that is the most common sort....?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

How about hanging from the ceiling rather than the wall?

Jonathan
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Depending on how long your mudguard is - place a piece of wood under the rear tyre to lift the tail of the mudguard clear of the floor. I assume you want the rear wheel to support the weight rather than hanging off the front wheel fixture. I would (and I do) just let the bike hang with no rear wheel support.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

If you are hanging a bike up, IME it's generally easier to present the back wheel to the hook than the front, which tends to flop about.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

thirdcrank wrote:If you are hanging a bike up, IME it's generally easier to present the back wheel to the hook than the front, which tends to flop about.

THIS^^^^^^^
Heres mine, cribbed from Scotrail....

ImageIMG_4375 by 531colin, on Flickr

different heights allow the handlebars to overlap; as TC says, its so much easier to pick a bike up by the top and down tubes, and not have the front wheel waving about
igauk

Post by igauk »

I used a Cycloc Endo https://www.bike24.com/p260813.html. Worked very well, but chosen mainly for aesthetic reasons as I was storing the bike in the guest bedroom at the time.
Moulton TSR 30