Conti ultra sport 3

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Jamesh

Conti ultra sport 3

Post by Jamesh »

Any opinions on this tyre?

I brought one of these tyres in an emergency and wondered if I should change the front too.

Cheers James
TrevA

Re: Conti ultra sport 3

Post by TrevA »

A friend of mine bought a new bike equipped with Conti Ultra Sport tyres. Instead of changing them straight away, he thought he would give them a go. He had 7 punctures in 3 weeks, though he was riding almost everyday. Swapped them for some Gatorskins and no more punctures.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
robert17

Post by robert17 »

I've been using Grand Prix GT and have no puncture with them to date! Cue hissing sound..... They go a little under the radar and can be great value. Ultra sport are good I hear but loads opt for the 4000/5000 tyres which are expensive and over the top for me.
Last edited by robert17 on 28 Aug 2020, 5:35pm, edited 1 time in total.
gxaustin

Post by gxaustin »

My bike was fitted with Ultra Sports when I bought it. I found they rode well, lasted over 5,000 miles and I only had one puncture in that time. Not bad for a cheap tyre.
I fitted Conti four season son my winter bike and the tread crazed and flaked off after two years and less than 2,000 miles. You could still see the tread, albeit faintly. I should add that this is not typical of Conti Four Seasons - I think I had duff ones.
sixtoes

Post by sixtoes »

I had some Ultra Sport IIs that came with my road bike. They felt very nice but punctured far too easily for my liking.
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

They’re one of the fastest cheap tyres you can buy. But, as noted, the trade-off is negligible puncture resistance. That might still be a good compromise for some riders. It doesn’t work for me in a glass-strewn city.