Front dynamo light

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
PH

Re: Front dynamo light

Postby PH » 10 Sep 2020, 12:06pm

If you haven't had one for a while, you're likely to be impressed by any modern light, particularly if it's the reflected LED type rather than a lens focused beam.
I have the Edelux II and a IQ-X, I have a slight preference for the IQ-X beam but there isn't a lot in it, it also has an annoying electrical switch which turns on with a mind of it's own. Mine has otherwise been entirely reliable though I've read some reports of failures. The Edelux looks to have the sort of build quality you'd expect at that price. I had the original then upgraded to the current version and the difference is noticeable, but opinion is varied about how much of an improvement it is, the original is available discounted from several retailers and IMO a bargain at this price.
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/lighting/36 ... ght-black/

rogerzilla

Postby rogerzilla » 10 Sep 2020, 1:09pm

The IQ-XS has a more conventional switch. Another reason to prefer it over the IQ-X.

scottg

Postby scottg » 10 Sep 2020, 1:23pm

Nice thing about B&M lights, they're easy to resell.

I'm now on my 4th or 5th generation, an IQ-X, it replaced a not very impressive Supernova.
Being able to rotate the light, so I can rack mount it, has been useful.
Using a SON 28, the Fosters size one.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Deutsche Luftschiffahrts-AG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

gazza_d

Postby gazza_d » 12 Sep 2020, 5:48pm

Another Herrmans user here.
I have two of the H One S lights. 75lux when running with a rear light connected and bright as anything with a good pool on the road. I would have no hesitation in buying another Herrmans of a similar brightness.