Fitting different pannier rack to ebike

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Jancathy

Re: Fitting different pannier rack to ebike

Postby Jancathy » 28 Oct 2020, 8:11pm

Hi Everyone,
I am dead chuffed to now have my new rack fitted on my bike and the bag that started me off on this journey of learning.
In the end, we decided to remove the lock on back wheel, attach tubus roundstays from rack to a new seat clamp and use the fitting shown on one of the posts, which fixed the mudguard to the rack where the reflector is fitted on the back.
If it wasn’t for all the helpful advice you all gave me on here, I would never have known all these bits and pieces were readily available.
Thanks again for your help.
Jane

slowster

Postby slowster » 28 Oct 2020, 9:28pm

I'm glad to learn that it's all worked out OK. The rack, bag and SnapIt system look like typical good German products, and I hope you get a lot of satisfaction from using them. The rack is also much stronger than your previous one, so if you find that on occasion you want to carry more than the bag can accommodate I would suggest getting a pair of the Ortlieb panniers like those to which I linked above.

DaveP

Postby DaveP » 28 Oct 2020, 11:53pm

Jancathy wrote:I am dead chuffed to now have my new rack fitted on my bike

Excellent, Well done! It might not be rocket science but its still very satisfying to get your bike the way you want it. Enjoy!
Thanks for letting us know.
Last edited by DaveP on 29 Oct 2020, 12:00am, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 28 Oct 2020, 11:55pm

Well done. Have fun.

Jonathan