Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
zenitb

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by zenitb »

Fantastic to see a post from you Brucey!

Take it easy and recover. We've sorely missed your posts of course but to some extent it has forced us all to step up and fill the gap - and you have left us your compendiums and previous posts which represents a huge reservoir of knowledge to draw on.

All the best for your recovery.

George (aka zenitb)
mig

Post by mig »

lovely news. i hope that you can watch the Giro from there.

take time, mend well.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Welcome back! It's good to hear from you.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
WrightsW5

Post by WrightsW5 »

Brucey wrote: 12 May 2021, 3:05pm well here I am sat in Hospital, still alive (but not exactly kicking normally). I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and best wishes :however they might have been expressed. I would have responded be fore now but I have not been able.
My future participation here is in some doubt; more as time goes on.
cheers all
Brucey
Great to hear from you, get well soon ☺☺☺
TheBomber

Post by TheBomber »

Now that we know our Lord is watching over us again, we’ll have to redouble our efforts to keep this forum bumbling along until the boss is firmly back in the driving seat.

So good to hear from you Brucey.
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

Brucey wrote: 12 May 2021, 3:05pm well here I am sat in Hospital, still alive (but not exactly kicking normally). I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and best wishes :however they might have been expressed. I would have responded be fore now but I have not been able.
My future participation here is in some doubt; more as time goes on.
cheers all
Brucey
I’ve no doubt that whatever words of wisdom that you’re able to share will be very much appreciated and I hope for your return in due course. Given time and patience what you’re going to be able to regain will become clear, if you’re unable to be active here then I feel sure that you’ll be very kindly remembered by the many people that you’ve helped.

Please make the best possible recovery. I think of the words of another member here who commented that cyclists were a determined lot who were used to grinding forward and bitting chunks out of their handlebars. He’s right, we are, and that determination makes a big difference. As you determinedly move forward I hope you will hear and feel this forum cheering for you .
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
pwa

Post by pwa »

Brucey has another project to deal with for now, but it would be nice if at some point he can return to normal service here.
LiveFree

Post by LiveFree »

Brucey!!! Count me as another person who has had his day made by your post :D

So wonderful to see those few lines..as so many other people have said, I wholeheartedly wish you an excellent recovery and send you my very best healing wishes. You are a living legend :D
hoogerbooger

Post by hoogerbooger »

2 days late...but has made my day too. All the best for rehab/recovery and hope it's not too frustrating (although it must be) V Glad you're still with us, even if the forum may have to be dropped. Shall keep my toes crossed that all goes well.
old fangled
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking Brucey.
You've a big hill to climb so shove it in granny gear and take your time.
We'll have less of this
My future participation here is in some doubt
nonsense. If a halfwit like me can recover from stroke, then so can you. Positive attitude sir!
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Chris Jeggo

Post by Chris Jeggo »

Great to see you back. Best wishes for your recovery.
Chris
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Great to hear from you brucey - take your time - up to you of course how much you want to participate here in future - there's a wealth of your expertise and help on here anyway for us all to draw on.
All the best for your ongoing recovery and whatever pleasures and enthusiasms you choose to follow.
Sweep
6.5_lives_left

Post by 6.5_lives_left »

Good to hear from you Brucey.
Hoping your recovery is progressing well.
Thank you for the help and insight you have provided on this forum.
hondated

Post by hondated »

Just want to add my best wishes to you Brucey. Now about .... :lol: Only joking get well soon mate.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Apologies for my delayed response. I am delighted to read your post. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side