Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
LuckyLuke

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by LuckyLuke »

Thanks for the update Steve.
Best of luck with the rehab Brucey.
I’m due to give one of my Nexus 8s it’s annual overhaul and regrease, a process Brucey’s posts made so much easier. Thanks for introducing me to Land Rover semi fluid grease Brucey!
Best wishes,
Luke
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

Thanks for the update, Steve. And best wishes Brucey, you are still much missed!
mig

Post by mig »

yes all best wishes to Brucey.

should you read this - that generator hub wheel is still going well, as true as it was on day 1 :D
colin54

Post by colin54 »

I'm working on a bike with Maillard hubs at the moment, and recalled Brucey's thread / treatise on the subject, I often think of him and feel indebted to him for all his efforts on our behalf, and his legacy of posts such as these which continue to help us.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128616&hilit=maillard+hubs
Wishing him the best Christmas he is able to have, and continuing to hope for a good outcome to his recovery in the New Year.
Nu-Fogey
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Here, here best wishes to Brucey.

The forum is much the poorer for his absence.

Cheers James
toontra

Post by toontra »

Indeed. There is rarely a time when working on one of my bikes that some useful advice from Brucey doesn't spring to mind - often advice that would have been difficult to source elsewhere. He has helped so many people. He is often in my thoughts too.
hoogerbooger

Post by hoogerbooger »

Ditto. Have just been "Brucing-Up" on some old AW and TRP Spyre posts before getting the spanners out.

All the best for Christmas Brucey.
old fangled
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Happy Christmas Brucey.
Sweep
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

Happy Christmas Brucey, hope 2022 treats you much better than 2021!
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

ElCani wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 5:48pm Happy Christmas Brucey, hope 2022 treats you much better than 2021!
And for all of us! But Brucey more than most.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I think we should have an audax for Brucey....

Chose a day in mid 2022 and ride from wherever you live (or want to drive to if distant) and ride to Cambridge!

Any takers?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Best wishes to you at Christmas Brucey.
I am here. Where are you?
toontra

Post by toontra »

Jamesh wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 9:58pm I think we should have an audax for Brucey....

Chose a day in mid 2022 and ride from wherever you live (or want to drive to if distant) and ride to Cambridge!

Any takers?
Great idea.
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

Anybody recently heard anything from or about Brucey?
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

Information from another thread that I believe would be well placed here too (viewtopic.php?t=153299&start=45).
Jamesh wrote: 2 Oct 2022, 11:07pm
PJ520 wrote: 2 Oct 2022, 7:01pm
Carlton green wrote: 2 Oct 2022, 2:31pm
Brucey - greatly missed here - used to train on three speed SA hub gears. Train on one of them and everything else will seem easy. :D
Too true. Any news on how he's doing?
https://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32609

Scroll down for latest.

Greatly missed by all there and here :( :(

From the bigcoupe.com site:
Post by wattsmonkey » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:59 pm

Apologies chaps, I missed this.

I saw him over summer and I'm afraid there hasn't been any progress physically, although his eyesight has improved a little.

He was his wonderful, excited and affable self though, with time flying by.

The Brucey brain was very much in gear - with ideas for a combined hub/derailleur gear, a better jubilee clip, a consolidated opinion on the best Powell and Pressburger film ("I Know Where You're Going" is a perennial) and consideration of the AVA Turbo which I think might well be in your capable hands now, Pod.

It was as interesting and informative as ever for me - Brucey told me I would never be able to avoid getting all manner of dust and dirt in any painting I tried to do in my garage and - after a very long research and development programme (i.e. trying it, getting it wrong, trying again and getting it a bit better) - I have come to the conclusion that there is, indeed, too much dust and dirt in all of the paint I did over summer!

Thank you for asking, he'll be really pleased to know that.

Cheers,

Rob
I notice that that forums wattsmonkey lives in Cheltenham so if anyone lives in that part of the world it might be possible for them - just one agreed person would be sensible - to talk to him directly.
Last edited by Carlton green on 3 Oct 2022, 6:29pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.