Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
cycle tramp

Best wishes for Brucey

Post by cycle tramp »

[moderator note: the news was posted further down the thread that Brucey has had a stroke viewtopic.php?f=5&t=144659&start=105#p1589775 for more information]

Brucey's a bit of a regular on this particular page, but there's not been any thing from him since about the 11th March.

Wherever you are Brucey - I hope you're okay.
Last edited by cycle tramp on 19 Mar 2021, 9:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
531colin

Re: Has anyone seen Brucey?

Post by 531colin »

No, I don't know where he is, other than that he is (usually) here.
Hope you are OK, Brucey.
boblo

Post by boblo »

My impression was there was a bit of a squabble and he disappeared shortly afterwards. There's a small contingent of very argumentative pseudo experts who seem to take great pains to bait/contradict some of Brucey's material and perhaps he simply got fed up with it?

Or I've got the wrong end of the stick and he's gone Covid-19 compliant walkabout...
Last edited by boblo on 19 Mar 2021, 7:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

...take great pains to bait/contradict some of Brucey's material and perhaps he simply got fed up
Can't say I'd blame him! But I may just have a thinner skin than some other folk. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Brucey's advice and guidance has been of great value to me over the years and I'm really really grateful to him for taking time and trouble to point me in the right direction on many occasions, either directly in the form of a response to one of my posts or else via the many sensible, measured and informative posts written out of the goodness of his heart!
Whatever the reason for his "radio silence" I wish him All The Best.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
boblo

Post by boblo »

Moi aussi...
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Yes definitely miss the wisdom of Brucey...

If unwell get better soon.

If others have been trolling then get a grip and find another site to troll on...

Cheers James
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

simonineaston wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again - Brucey's advice and guidance has been of great value to me over the years and I'm really really grateful to him for taking time and trouble to point me in the right direction on many occasions, either directly in the form of a response to one of my posts or else via the many sensible, measured and informative posts written out of the goodness of his heart!
Whatever the reason for his "radio silence" I wish him All The Best.

Add my name to that no doubt lengthy list, he is a treasure.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my VOG-L09 using hovercraft full of eels.
sjs

Post by sjs »

boblo wrote:My impression was there was a bit of a squabble and he disappeared shortly afterwards. There's a small contingent of very argumentative pseudo experts who seem to take great pains to bait/contradict some of Brucey's material and perhaps he simply got fed up with it?

Or I've got the wrong end of the stick and he's gone Covid-19 compliant walkabout...

There was a chap recently (Tea Shop I think) who posted to say that he was a regular reader but was hesitant to post much because he found the general tone unfriendly. Obviously, he was told in no uncertain terms that he was wrong.
mig

Post by mig »

i thought the same yesterday and sent him a PM. as yet unread.

along with others i have enjoyed reading his stuff for many years and especially this past one. ditto the many regular, sensible posters here.

all the best.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

sjs wrote:
boblo wrote:My impression was there was a bit of a squabble and he disappeared shortly afterwards. There's a small contingent of very argumentative pseudo experts who seem to take great pains to bait/contradict some of Brucey's material and perhaps he simply got fed up with it?

There was a chap recently (Tea Shop I think) who posted to say that he was a regular reader but was hesitant to post much because he found the general tone unfriendly. Obviously, he was told in no uncertain terms that he was wrong.

viewtopic.php?p=1586484#p1586484
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

I’ve also been wondering where he is! Hope he’s back soon.
Cyckelgalen

Post by Cyckelgalen »

Another one here that misses him, feels nothing but gratitude and wishes him well.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

<Edit to remove wrong info. >
He is a marvel of knowledge and I always wonder who is rather than where he is.
Last edited by Paulatic on 19 Mar 2021, 10:09pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Paulatic wrote:He’s well enough to visit YACF.
He is a marvel of knowledge and I always wonder who is rather than where he is.

Thanks great to hear! I'm not sure what YACF is but if it's like this forum, would you feel comfortable letting him know that he's missed?
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

cycle tramp wrote:[

Thanks great to hear! I'm not sure what YACF is but if it's like this forum, would you feel comfortable letting him know that he's missed?

Yet Another Cycling Forum ... you can swear there :lol:
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info