Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
2_i

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by 2_i »

peetee wrote:I wonder if Brucey is Dr Hutch’s associate and some time ride partner, Bernard? Now that would be a hilarious twist in the tale of our illustrious forum comrade. :lol:

https://www.twi-global.com/who-we-are/i ... rty-rights
craggie

Post by craggie »

Get well Brucey, we need you! Look forward to your continuing posts.
Suffolker

Post by Suffolker »

I, too, am late to see this unhappy news, and to add my best wishes to him; echoing all those before me.

He is an absolute fount of impeccable and valuable knowledge, which I cherish all the more for the spirit in which it is so freely and generously given. I look forward to his return to the Forum, which I hope will not be too far off.

Peter
PAB855

Post by PAB855 »

I too am shocked to learn of Brucey's bad luck and am very grateful for Brucey's help in every technical problem I have posted covering so many topics and wish him well. I have often wondered who he really is and how does he spend his day to be there all the time and willing to consistently go into so much detail in every subject

Best wishes Brucey
atlas_shrugged

Post by atlas_shrugged »

Brucey now has a digital photo frame beside his bedside. This can play a slideshow of JPEGs, music, or videos. It is currently on a loop playing 19 photos from a trip Brucey made to Straalen in Germany in 2014.

Now we have some technology beside his bedside it is possible to send him content via an SD card delivered to his ward. I know he likes to watch the Tour de France, and the Grand Prix motor racing. The current SD card is 32GB.

At present we probably will need advice on suitable content and how we can deliver this to Brucey. For example someone sets up a google drive for us to download content (best wishes videos, music, photos etc). Then someone else puts that onto an SD card for delivery to the ward. These are just ideas right now and I have no expertise in this area - so those that do and also the family please advise.

I also spoke to someone at PALs (see previous post) who was very helpful. Brucey is getting all your photos sent in via the Addenbrookes website and these are being laminated and at his bedside.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks for the update.

Private Message sent.

Jonathan
toontra

Post by toontra »

Excellent news. Thanks for the update.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

toontra wrote:Excellent news. Thanks for the update.
+1

:D
Mick F. Cornwall
nez

Post by nez »

atlas_shrugged wrote:Brucey now has a digital photo frame beside his bedside. This can play a slideshow of JPEGs, music, or videos. It is currently on a loop playing 19 photos from a trip Brucey made to Straalen in Germany in 2014.

Now we have some technology beside his bedside it is possible to send him content via an SD card delivered to his ward. I know he likes to watch the Tour de France, and the Grand Prix motor racing. The current SD card is 32GB.

At present we probably will need advice on suitable content and how we can deliver this to Brucey. For example someone sets up a google drive for us to download content (best wishes videos, music, photos etc). Then someone else puts that onto an SD card for delivery to the ward. These are just ideas right now and I have no expertise in this area - so those that do and also the family please advise.

I also spoke to someone at PALs (see previous post) who was very helpful. Brucey is getting all your photos sent in via the Addenbrookes website and these are being laminated and at his bedside.
Maybe the cycling Podcast? Richard Moore, Lionel Birnie etc? Im just wondering how it could be arranged. It’s dead cheap. I’d pay!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I also spoke to someone at PALs who was very helpful. Brucey is getting all your photos sent in via the Addenbrookes website and these are being laminated and at his bedside.
That's really great to hear - thanks :-)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

Thanks for the update Atlas. Good to know Brucey is getting our messages.
hoogerbooger

Post by hoogerbooger »

If possible could we stick to "Best Wishes for Brucey" now on this thread (Can pick up other discussion on a different/ new thread perhaps)
Cheers
old fangled
ossie

Post by ossie »

toontra wrote:Excellent news. Thanks for the update.

Agree.
GideonReade

Post by GideonReade »

I can only add my best wishes too. A fount of reasoned knowledge.
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

atlas_shrugged wrote:Brucey now has a digital photo frame beside his bedside. This can play a slideshow of JPEGs, music, or videos. It is currently on a loop playing 19 photos from a trip Brucey made to Straalen in Germany in 2014.

That is absolutely superb, really does warm the heart to drop into this forum sometimes, you wonderful human beings.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my VOG-L09 using hovercraft full of eels.