Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mjr

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by mjr »

atlas_shrugged wrote:Brucey now has a digital photo frame beside his bedside. This can play a slideshow of JPEGs, music, or videos.

Do you know what format videos? Resolution and file type. I can convert most things and could upload some cycle races (as fair dealing for the purpose of assisted access) if my aerial permits, although with foreign commentary, or highlights with English commentary if YouTube permits.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Mervyn Irvine wrote:I’m Bruce’s uncle and have joined the website to see your very kind and thoughtful comments, which are very touching.
I’m sure he won’t mind me telling you, Bruce DANCE was born on the 18/4/1964.
Thanks again to everyone.
Mervyn.

A mere whipper snapper; I always got the impression he had lived through about the last 70 years of cycling progress from his encyclopedic knowledge.

Let's hope he is back to health soon.
freiston

Post by freiston »

thelawnet wrote:
Mervyn Irvine wrote:I’m Bruce’s uncle and have joined the website to see your very kind and thoughtful comments, which are very touching.
Mervyn.

A mere whipper snapper; I always got the impression he had lived through about the last 70 years of cycling progress from his encyclopedic knowledge.

Same here - and he's only three weeks older than me! Here's hoping him a good and speedy recovery. One of the few people whose advice I would accept and trust with authority. He always comes across as a nice and genuine bloke.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
WrightsW5

Post by WrightsW5 »

Brucey, best wishes from me :)
atlas_shrugged

Post by atlas_shrugged »

For anyone wanting to create some digital content and wanting to know what format this is the digital photo frame:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Kenuo- ... f=pd_sbs_2

Videos: MPEG4, MKV, MOV, AVI
Music: MP3, AAC
Photos: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (16:9)

The frame will autoplay from an SD card up to 32GB. You have to change settings to choose which format to autoplay i.e. photos/music/videos.

But please no BBC or iPlayer content (that is a condition of the frame owner i.e. me). From what I know Brucey is very interested in Tour de France, and the Grand Prix.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

thelawnet wrote:
Mervyn.

That was my thought as well. It makes it even more incredible how he has gained so much experience of so many bikes and components. Most of us wear out a few sets of tyres or break the odd part in a lifetime whereas Brucey seems to have a garage full of bicycle disasters and solutions. Really hoping he pulls through this and is back with his brilliant advice.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Has anyone seen Brucey?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Vetus Ossa wrote:Well I miss Cyril as well, am I alone here?
Cyril, please come back and amuse me.
He did push a lot of buttons though :D
Correct there, I still do, of course. I suspect I have prevented many 'accidents', I especially use the button after crossing the nasty main road in town. Hundreds of old people live on one side, all the shops are on the other side, bet I have saved them numerous minutes waiting in the cold. Or the hot :?

Background: I think this is worth mentioning again. I understand other opinions may be available
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Just got home from work to find this truly awful news.

As a relative newbie on on here I've already benefited from Brucey's expert advice.

The fact it's took me about an hour and a half to read through the many posts of appreciation for this man on this thread shows the esteem in which he is held here.

Send my best wishes -- get well soon Bruce.
I am here. Where are you?
jb

Post by jb »

Oh dear, just seen this thread,
All the best for a good recovery Brucey.
Cheers
J Bro
PAB855

Post by PAB855 »

Hello again

How is Brucey progressing physically and mentally. .? How long before he might leave hospital? How well will he manage? Will he need physiotherapy? etc etc
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I think we need to give Brucey and his family some privacy.
Everybodies recovery is different and takes time.

We need to respect that and give him time to recover whilst giving him all the encouragement and support that he needs at this time.

Cheers James
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

Just seen this thread and Bruce if you're reading this somewhere down the line of your treatment I'm really hoping you make it back very soon, on the road and back on this forum. Heck you may even give recumbents a go as part of your recuperation. I want to thank you for your invaluable knowledge and selflessness when advising and helping others. I know you took the time to respond to threads that got little support, a few being mine, and that meant a lot.

I think I can speak for others that over the coming months it would be great to hear from you as to how you are doing, recovery is always a long road and things can appear to be bleak at times but take heart as you have a phenomenal amount of support on here. I've no idea where you live but if there was anything logistical myself or any of us can do then I'm sure we will accommodate.

Speedy Recovery my friend
Sussex Recumbent rider :)
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Jamesh wrote: 4 Apr 2021, 3:41pm I think we need to give Brucey and his family some privacy.

We need to respect that and give him time to recover whilst giving him all the encouragement and support that he needs at this time.

Cheers James
I agree: but would also state that, from looking at my family’s experience and the albeit limited reading I’ve done, physiotherapy is a given.

The golden rule is detect early, treat early, and this potentially reduces damage which leads to shorter treatment and recovery outcomes.

Longer delays, and certainly of four days, would potentially lead to longer physio/treatment times and longer recovery period. Recovery takes time.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
ElaineB

Post by ElaineB »

All the best Brucey, get well soon.
We all look forward to having you back on the forum.
Your advice is superb and we need you.
Our bikes need you!

Kind regards,
Elaine B
xx
toontra

Post by toontra »

markjohnobrien wrote: 4 Apr 2021, 4:39pm
Jamesh wrote: 4 Apr 2021, 3:41pm I think we need to give Brucey and his family some privacy.

Cheers James
I agree: but would also state that, from looking at my family’s experience and the albeit limited reading I’ve done, physiotherapy is a given.

The golden rule is detect early, treat early, and this potentially reduces damage which leads to shorter treatment and recovery outcomes.

Longer delays, and certainly of four days, would potentially lead to longer physio/treatment times and longer recovery period. Recovery takes time.
Honestly, any kind of speculation or bar-room diagnosis, however well intentioned and even if based on personal experience, is really not helpful, especially in a thread dedicated to wishing Brucey a speedy recovery and hopefully one he will read at some point.