Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mattsccm

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by mattsccm »

No idea why I am so late in this but it is great to hear that he is in the right place etc although sad that he needs it. Funnily, having a "real" name etc makes it so much valuable than he already was. Get well soon.
RRSODL

Post by RRSODL »

This is great news!!! Wishing a full recovery to our much respected fellow forum member.
LuckyLuke

Post by LuckyLuke »

Mervyn Irvine wrote:I’m Bruce’s uncle and have joined the website to see your very kind and thoughtful comments, which are very touching.
I’m sure he won’t mind me telling you, Bruce DANCE was born on the 18/4/1964.
Thanks again to everyone.
Mervyn.

Thanks Mervyn for sharing Brucey’s details.
I hope you and your family are bearing up ok. Brucey is a much loved and respected forum member and we’re all rooting for him.
Best wishes
Luke
LuckyLuke

Post by LuckyLuke »

Farrina wrote:
531 Colin said
if anybody wants to buy the lad a laptop, tablet or whatever is easiest to use, I'm in. Living in Yorkshire, and never actually having met him, I'm struggling to find something useful to do.

Likewise I very much echo these sentiments. I’m out of the way up in the North West but certainly would be willing to contribute towards anything considered of benefit.

I just feel so helpless and think with Brucie having generously contributed so much over many years to this forum, in his hour of need, its time for me to give something back.

Happy to be guided by those nearer (both emotionally and physically) to Brucie - in this regard I think Slowster’s comments are very perceptive and thoughtful.

+1

I looked into setting up a JustGiving page a few days ago, for a whip round. One can set it up so the monies go to a charity or to an individual bank account. However, I didn’t feel comfortable setting something up with the money going to my account!
If anyone has any experience of this sort of thing please do post. More than happy to chip in towards a tablet or Get Well Soon gift.

Also, thanks to everyone here for restoring my faith in human nature! The warmth and compassion is quite moving.

Get well soon Brucey.

Best wishes,

Luke
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Mervyn Irvine wrote:I’m Bruce’s uncle and have joined the website to see your very kind and thoughtful comments, which are very touching.
I’m sure he won’t mind me telling you, Bruce DANCE was born on the 18/4/1964.
Thanks again to everyone.
Mervyn.

Thanks for the update. All the best.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

I hope it's not too late to add my best wishes for Brucey - I had seen the earlier messages wondering why he hadn't posted on the forum, but only today looked at the 'Bikes & bits' section again and discovered all the news. Get well soon, Brucey, you've helped me many times in the past and I hope you can do so again in the future.
Chris F, Cornwall
hondated

Post by hondated »

Only just seen this and very sorry to read it.
Brucey is our Sheldon Brown on here.
Best wishes to Brucey for a speedy recovery. Ted
gaz

Post by gaz »

Wishing Brucey a speedy recovery.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
oneten

Post by oneten »

So sorry to hear of Brucey's stroke. My best wishes to him in making a good recovery. Likewise, kind thoughts for his family. His generous advice, along with his wealth of knowledge and experience, has always been so much appreciated.
webber

Post by webber »

Best wishes and get well soon brucey
atlas_shrugged

Post by atlas_shrugged »

This is Brucey (in the middle) racing at Hillingdon cycle circuit with the BHPC in 2015:

[img]
p1106486127-2.jpg
p1106486127-2.jpg (77.62 KiB) Viewed 862 times
[/img]

The two riders either side are fast riders who are often beating the Human Powered Vehicles. So they were not hanging around.
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

Nice photo, thanks Atlas. The geezer on the left looks like he might have a few watts in him. :shock:
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Is Brucey a chum of Micheal Hutchinson by any chance?

Just a thought same uni Brucey being a few years older.

Cheers James
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Is that a steel frame he is on ?
peetee

Post by peetee »

Jamesh wrote:Is Brucey a chum of Micheal Hutchinson by any chance?

Just a thought same uni Brucey being a few years older.

Cheers James

I wonder if Brucey is Dr Hutch’s associate and some time ride partner, Bernard? Now that would be a hilarious twist in the tale of our illustrious forum comrade. :lol:
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.