Best wishes for Brucey

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
markjohnobrien

Re: Best wishes for Brucey

Post by markjohnobrien »

slowster wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 11:14am I asked the moderators to post as Vorpal has done above because I was concerned that - no matter how well intentioned and prompted by genuine concern for Brucey - posts asking how well he is doing or similar conflict with patient confidentiality.

Although the medical staff would never provide such information on a public internet forum, it's possible that one of us might find out information about his condition and post it on here thinking that they were doing a good thing in keeping everyone informed. That would be wrong.

Unless and until Brucey himself wishes to comment on his condition personally or via a family member/friend, we all need to think carefully about what we post, and consider how he might feel when he reads it. I am a fairly private person, and I would hate to have myself and my medical condition discussed in the third person on an internet forum. Brucey might not be like me, but neverthless to be on the safe side I suggest we all assume Brucey might be very sensitive at this time to how he is being discussed on a public forum.

The only information which I think would be appropriate to communicate about his status, is when his location changes, so that people don't send cards etc. to an old address.

Sensible post: I agree.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
ConRAD

Post by ConRAD »

As far as I'm concerned,
simply incomparable on electrical issues, I definitely learned a lot from him.
Thank you Brucey!!!
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

So, should this thread be locked until he is in a better state of health?
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

well here I am sat in Hospital, still alive (but not exactly kicking normally). I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and best wishes :however they might have been expressed. I would have responded be fore now but I have not been able.
My future participation here is in some doubt; more as time goes on.
cheers all
Brucey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Great to hear from you.

And of course we're missing you.

Jonathan
MikeDee

Post by MikeDee »

Good to hear from you Brucey!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

All the best
Phileas

Post by Phileas »

MikeDee wrote: 12 May 2021, 3:09pm Good to hear from you Brucey!
Likewise
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Brucey wrote: 12 May 2021, 3:05pm well here I am sat in Hospital, still alive (but not exactly kicking normally). I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and best wishes :however they might have been expressed. I would have responded be fore now but I have not been able.
My future participation here is in some doubt; more as time goes on.
cheers all
Brucey
I'm sure everyone will agree that it's great to see you here and even if its only as a lurker, we look forward to seeing you here in the future and wish you all the best for a continuing recovery.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

So fantastic to hear from you Brucey. Wishing you all the best with your recovery. We are all ready to help in any way we can, should you want us to.

You have been hugely missed!
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Great to hear from you Brucey, my best wishes .
Nu-Fogey
rjb

Post by rjb »

Welcome back, we've missed you. Looking forward to some interesting technical posts in the future. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Ray

Post by Ray »

Best wishes, Brucey.

Life can be a bugger. Hope things go better for you from now on.
Ray
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

Fantastic to hear from the horse's mouth, sincerely hope the recovery continues apace.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my VOG-L09 using hovercraft full of eels.

Last edited by elPedro666 on 12 May 2021, 4:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Have you redesigned any equipment in hospital yet? :D

...and lovely to hear from you, btw.