Specialized VS Bianchi

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
andrea2021

Specialized VS Bianchi

Post by andrea2021 »

Hi everyone,

I currently ride a Pinnacle Hybrid and am looking to upgrade to a gravel bike as I am doing more rides out of London. I have been trying to do research on the following two bikes and was just wondering what your thoughts were on value for money.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/ro ... ue__483771
https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/ro ... sy__487325

Many thanks,
Andrea
mattsccm

Re: Specialized VS Bianchi

Post by mattsccm »

Both nice, both got the same gears, hard to decide on other things. I assume that you have checked out the specs etc and they offer all you need. Check the geometry. Even if it doesn't make much sense you can work out which might be more lively for example.
Just wait for people telling you that you don't need them and your hybrid will do. :D Boring lot here :D A new bike is always good.
Both are the sporty end of the modern gravel bike. Great for roads and gravel. Maybe not dirty great boulders.
I would buy the Bianchi, nice colour. Biggest difference. Of course you may have to gamble on what is in stock first!
TheBomber

Post by TheBomber »

Do you have a secret source for these - as the linked ones are all out of stock?

If you do have a choice then I believe mattsccm sums it up nice - little between them but the Bianchi is a much nicer colour. It also wins on status, given their long history in cycle sport.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Both good bikes.

I wouldn't by the Bianchi for one reason...

The colour will be a pain to keep clean! Esp for a gravel bike.

Cheers James
ElCani

Post by ElCani »

TheBomber wrote: 9 Apr 2021, 7:51am Do you have a secret source for these - as the linked ones are all out of stock?

If you do have a choice then I believe mattsccm sums it up nice - little between them but the Bianchi is a much nicer colour. It also wins on status, given their long history in cycle sport.
Both are listed as pre-launch products, so presumably the OP is willing to wait until they show up.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

It doesn't make clear if the bottom bracket on the Bianchi is press fit or BSA threaded. If the former then personally I'd avoid it. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be much in it. The quality of the respective wheelsets would be the main thing for me but the specialized wheels are OEM only so not much in the way of real information about them. Formula are a Taiwanese company that make a lot of hubs for other manufacturers, including some at the cheap and nasty end and some that are decent. The Bianchi uses Formula hubs. The specialized may be Novatec hubs, or possibly also Formula. Both wheelsets are probably fine but nothing too amazing, which is generally what you get with OEM wheels. I'd also enquire about availability of spares for the wheels of both bikes. If either set use an aluminium freehub body without steel reinforcement I'd avoid.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

andrea2021 wrote: 8 Apr 2021, 10:07pm..............just wondering what your thoughts were on value for money. ........
Best value for money, in fact the only one which is worth buying at all, is the one which fits you and you enjoy riding.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

531colin wrote: 9 Apr 2021, 3:21pm
andrea2021 wrote: 8 Apr 2021, 10:07pm..............just wondering what your thoughts were on value for money. ........
Best value for money, in fact the only one which is worth buying at all, is the one which fits you and you enjoy riding.
Yes this!