wheel bearings

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
johny G

wheel bearings

Post by johny G »

hi.does anyone know where to source these bearings.xero t8307-lblu.they are off the front hub on a 2013 voodoo bizango.the number is on the bearing seal.i have tried all the usual sites and the number never comes up.could there be another number.i have not removed the bearings just cleaned and regreased them in situ
rogerzilla

Re: wheel bearings

Post by rogerzilla »

Can you measure the ID and OD? The depth you can't measure without removal, but they are probably 60002RS (10 x 26 x 8mm) by another name.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

You need to get one out before you can positively know.
Considering you're asking, you must consider them needing to be replaced.
There will be an etched number on the periphery.

Simply Bearings are my favoured site. Free postage.

Note the number and put it into their search box.
https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/
Mick F. Cornwall
drossall

Post by drossall »

Just to fill in some background, bike "manufacturers" don't, they assemble bikes using parts (typically) supplied by others. According to this review of your bike, it has hubs made by Formula (bottom of page) - they supply the hubs for a lot of bikes these days. I also happened across this discussion on another forum of exactly the same job.

That appears to confirm Rogerzilla's assumption about the bearings you need, though it makes sense to check because you'll need to get them out anyway. Any brand will do in terms of fit, and for that reason it's unlikely that either Formula or Voodoo would offer a spares service - it's not in anyone's interests for them to bother - but Mick F's recommendation is good in terms of quality.

Replacing sealed bearings isn't hard. This is a good guide. I like to use a rubber mallet. The point of putting the old bearings outside the new ones when fitting is to avoid putting uneven sideways loads on the new units. They are good at supporting loads in the intended directions, but not sideways - that can damage them. For obvious reasons, you don't care tuppence about damaging the old ones.
Sum

Post by Sum »

I'm guessing the bearing is a 18307 - the 1 is being mistaken for a t in the OP. Assuming the 2013 Bizango has a 15mm front axle then the bearing won’t be a 6000. Measuring the bearing and checking on Mick F's favourite website is a good idea.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

I think that Sum is probably right.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XERO-Form ... 890.l49286
zenitb

So ... Formula == XERO

Post by zenitb »

useful post...

I hadn't realised XERO and Formula were the same company

Kind of explains why my Formula hub uses XERO bearings ... its all their own stuff in there ...

I should have noticed the Formula homepage ...

Formula home page
Formula home page

All this re-branding drives me a bit nuts. I have only recently realised Novatec and Joytech are actually the same company as well (with Joytech being the cheaper stuff)

https://www.bikemag.com/news/joytech-en ... rand-name/

At least Shimano is always Shimano :-(