spring snapped on side pull brakes

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
ANDREWDH

spring snapped on side pull brakes

Post by ANDREWDH »

hi the spring snapped on my side pull brakes, I was hoping they were a standard part , but now i am guessing they are all different for different models, can anyone tell me if this is the case? thanks in advance
foxyrider

Re: spring snapped on side pull brakes

Post by foxyrider »

ANDREWDH wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 5:46pm hi the spring snapped on my side pull brakes, I was hoping they were a standard part , but now i am guessing they are all different for different models, can anyone tell me if this is the case? thanks in advance
short answer - yes.

There may be some model crossover within brands but for further advice the collective will need brand/model # and pictures.

Just to be clear, has the spring actual snapped or has it perhaps just got unseated? its worth checking.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

Yes what brand and model? Sjs cycles do a lot of Shimano spares.
NickJP

Post by NickJP »

I had the spring on a Sram Rival caliper break a few years ago. I was unable to find the spring as a spare part, and just replaced the entire caliper.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Spring snapped in mine years ago, I made a temporary fix until I could source a new one, 5+ years later I'm still with the bodge that works and functions better than the original design