Lidl mini pump 2021

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
foxyrider

Lidl mini pump 2021

Post by foxyrider »

Spotted these in my local branch last week, thought i'd give one a pop for £4.99.
DSCN8760.JPG

I've got a couple of Lezyne hosed mini pumps which have been pretty good but at @ £30 a go they fall into the 'how much?' price band!

These budget versions tick most of the boxes, claimed 120psi, presta, schraeder, Dunlop compatability, comes with a bottleboss clip & strap, it feels pretty solid in the hand, i've not weighed it but it seems similar to the Lezyne. Installed on the bike it fits quite neatly and after adjusting the strap location, rattle free!

Of course, its not a regular use pump, i may never need its services ( :roll: ) so i can't report on its performance yet and i hope not to be able to any time soon!

DSCN8764.JPG
DSCN8763.JPG
DSCN8765.JPG
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
simonhill

Re: Lidl mini pump 2021

Post by simonhill »

Could you let a tyres down and give the pump a try, please before I head off to get one. Basically, does it attach OK, pump up to a reasonable pressure, etc.

I have a bigger cheapo, just in case one on my spare bike, but would prefer a better one. I only go to 55psi.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

It's only £4.99. Go on, take a risk.

https://youtu.be/MBSxAAJ_2SI

:D
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Bonefishblues wrote: 8 May 2021, 1:59pm It's only £4.99. Go on, take a risk.

It's not the cash it's the ride in gale force winds and heavy showers.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

On that basis a ton of junk has been bought and then sent onto landfill.
I can get over 2 pints for that dosh.
I wouldn"t buy anything like that with no review/usage info.
Especially as i have had bad experience with a lidl track pump.
Sweep
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

simonhill wrote: 8 May 2021, 2:40pm

It's not the cash it's the ride in gale force winds and heavy showers.
It'll still be raining even if the OP lets her tyre down as you requested.
rjb

Post by rjb »

I looked at a similar pump sold by lidls last year. I thought it was not suitable for high pressures and the build quality looked poor. In particular the fit of the pump adapter in the pump was loose and ready to strip the threads if used more than a few times unless very careful. Not something to rush when its chucking it down and you get a puncture miles from home. The poster need to try it out to satisfy him or herself before its needed in dire circumstances. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

I've been troubled with mini pumps - to the point where I was considering silver-soldering a pip on the headtube to enable fitment of a regular pump, or trying to get a longer pump and fitting it to the rack (I didn't want to lose bottle cage).
I happened to see in the regular Planet X 'yo yo pricing' sales, a 'pump up the volume mini pump' it's a 3-section pump, so in effect 2 tubes slide inside the barrel, so twice the length. Fantastic little pump, and I've tested it in the garage (no real test of course), but also twice during rides. It was at a silly price (2.50 IIRC) and if I'd known it was so good I'd have bought a couple as spares - with postage and some outer brake and gear cables bought in bulk, it was an absolute bargain at about £12 total. :D
colin146

Post by colin146 »

I won a Lidl track pump in the clubs Xmas raffle. On its first upstroke it came clean out of the cylinder depositing bits over the garage.
pwa

Post by pwa »

A pump may be good even if it is cheap, but I'd give it a try before relying on it. You wouldn't want to find out it is inadequate in a roadside situation in poor weather.