Henry Wildeberry & Ms Cools

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Colin63

Henry Wildeberry & Ms Cools

Post by Colin63 »

Over the past few weeks I've been enjoying watching the YouTube channel of Jeremy Stanley AKA Henry Wildeberry and his his cycling partner Therese Cools. They're Californian cyclists living in the San Fransisco Bay area and Jeremy records their rides around the beautiful Californian hills and also does some techy episodes looking at frames and wheels. Lots of ideas and beautiful rides to watch. They ride steel bikes and have very interesting experiences with tyre types, gearing and bike set up.

It's been a life-saver for me as I ruptured my Achilles tendon several months ago and am also suffering from the effects of long covid, pneumonia, DVT and pulmonary emboli. These lovely people have kept me looking forward to the day that I finally throw my leg over the saddle and start riding again.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDzw8d ... hew/videos
KM2

Re: Henry Wildeberry & Ms Cools

Post by KM2 »

Yes, I’ve been enjoying them as well.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Looks interesting - thanks for the link.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

Good heavens, no wonder you need an optimistic distraction! Hope you're feeling well enough to ride soon and thanks for the link; I'd not come across them before.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my VOG-L09 using hovercraft full of eels.

yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Yes inddedy , been following them for a good couple of years, really passionate cyclists, and they actually 'think' about what they say, a bit of a a rarety these days. I thoroughly enjoy their stuff.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I created a separate topic about a home for content & links like this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=145747
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

I always thought Henry Wildeberry was his real name and Ms Cools was just her nickname. Oh, well. :)
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

kylecycler wrote: 10 May 2021, 9:06am I always thought Henry Wildeberry was his real name and Ms Cools was just her nickname. Oh, well. :)
I thought that too. I think Therese Cools is one of the most elegant riders on a bike. She looks too tiny to be considering the Paris-Brest-Paris ride.
sukuinage

Post by sukuinage »

Colin63 wrote: 10 May 2021, 10:47am
kylecycler wrote: 10 May 2021, 9:06am I always thought Henry Wildeberry was his real name and Ms Cools was just her nickname. Oh, well. :)
I thought that too. I think Therese Cools is one of the most elegant riders on a bike. She looks too tiny to be considering the Paris-Brest-Paris ride.
I've watched a few of their videos too including one where they do, I think, a 300km ride. He was looking pretty knackered at the end as you can imagine - she looked like she'd just done an easy 10km!
colin54

Post by colin54 »

If you're a fan, see if you can watch Henry talk about brakes with bicycle mechanic Omar for an hour and 35 minutes in one go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOn7V9x0rE4&t=42s
Nu-Fogey