What did you do to your bike today

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
flat tyre

Re: What did you do to your bike today

Post by flat tyre »

Stupid question! Rode it of course!!
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

On the 16th of May 2021, I loaded my bike with three growing buddeleja bushes which I had potted up last year and planted them out along a section of cycle path* on my way to the farm shop. Picked up 11 kg of assorted animal feed, cycled home.

(* the butterflies told me to do it)
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Exceeded it's luggage allowance at the boot sale on Sunday.
P1140006.JPG
It finally dawned on me; all the other rubbish I that purchased there before I bought the grey tool box, would be more safely and effectively transported by being in it. I could get a couple of extra toe straps through the handle as well, all good fun.
Back to panniers next time...
P1140007.JPG
Nu-Fogey
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

colin54 wrote: 18 May 2021, 10:05am Exceeded it's luggage allowance at the boot sale on Sunday.
P1140006.JPG
It finally dawned on me; all the other rubbish I that purchased there before I bought the grey tool box, would be more safely and effectively transported by being in it. I could get a couple of extra toe straps through the handle as well, all good fun.
Back to panniers next time...
P1140007.JPG
Blimey, any garage sale which features a military land vehicle and the tail end from a helicopter is very impressive.
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

I hid from a hail storm under the M6 motorway bridge.
Attachments
IMG_1007.jpg
hondated

Post by hondated »

Continued to work on my Bianchi. Last night I actually attempted to remove the Free Hub on the rear wheel yet again. And yet again it would not budge.
Today having changed it to a Compact chain set 50/34 from triple 52/42/30 I set about adjusting the front derailleur but the chain kept coming off of the big chain ring. So I assumed that the curvature of the triple wasn't compatible with the 50t ring.
Thankfully I was able to dive into my box of spare parts and find one that might do the job, But it was a brace on and I needed a banded one. Jumped back into the box and found a Shimano marked band and the Campag FD fits a treat. So tomorrow its back to fine tuning it but having given it a few rotations it looks no longer jumper off the big chain ring so things are looking good. :wink:
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

Finished lining the lugs, fitted headset and bottom bracket. 1962 Carpenter frame.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Ugly wrote: 18 May 2021, 11:49pm Finished lining the lugs, fitted headset and bottom bracket. 1962 Carpenter frame.
Pictures?
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

When it's finished, just need to fix transfers and put it all together. waiting for brake hoods, not original Weinmann but Dia Compe ones. Every thing else is period or close to period.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Bought a set of handle bars for project
Attachments
IMG_20210520_144243.jpg
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Commuter has just had 2 pairs of brake pads and a chain plus a darn good wash. Fixed wheel gravel bike has had TT extensions added to the flared bars so it has the same position as the commuter. For dry commutes, no guards. TT bike has had a DIY Garmin mount to go between the extensions. Might go and polish a road bike as they are mucky.
RickH

Post by RickH »

I moved mine briefly to get something out of a box that was between the bike & the wall. Then I put the bike back in its original position. :D It has been raining pretty much all day here.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

Moved it from one side of the garage to the other to get to the paint locker.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

With 40-60mph winds outside never went near the bike and with all greenhouses and summerhouses on 30 weeks delivery spent the day designing a combined greenhouse/summerhouse/ logstore to build during the autumn. :D

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Started polishing the new chrome handle bars for the pre war rebuild, still considering paint for it and polished a new to me brooks B66

Hoping for a dry day at weekend to Tinker with frame and rims