Shaky wing mirror

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
RobC

Shaky wing mirror

Post by RobC »

The glass in my offside wing mirror is very juddery.

Is this an easy fix? Will I need a whole new wing mirror or can I just replace the glass and whatever it is that holds it steady.
rmurphy195

Re: Shaky wing mirror

Post by rmurphy195 »

Is this on a bike? -or a car?
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Interesting how originally they were all mounted on the wing. Now they are all on the door and yet we still refer to them as wing mirror.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
RobC

Post by RobC »

Haha this is somewhat unfortunate- I thought I was on my old Citroen car forum as it looks just like this one!

Apologies... as you were.
blame the sun for making my head funny. I’ll be back with a proper bike question soon I’m sure :lol: :D :)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Excellent! :D

See you soon eh?
Mick F. Cornwall
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

Well it could have been a cycle forum question, but the wing mirrors seem to have shaken right off......

https://www.designboom.com/technology/c ... 0-21-2016/
nez

Post by nez »

Paulatic wrote: 7 Jun 2021, 5:36pm Interesting how originally they were all mounted on the wing. Now they are all on the door and yet we still refer to them as wing mirror.
Not quite all. I remember driving a van with them fitted where the non-opening quarter light met the window. I wish I could remember the make but it was soooo many years ago. Oblong things. I wonder if they were a retro fit?

Quarter lights - I wonder which was the last vehicle fitted with quarter lights? My guess is a Transit