Bluemels Wireway mudguards

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
David9694

Bluemels Wireway mudguards

Post by David9694 »

Just before the tinkering and mackling starts, I’ve shared a couple of pictures of what you get with the integral wiring channel on the rear.

A length of tubing runs from the front end with an entry hole, with another entry hole and break in the tube which will be near the stay.

The reflector is riveted and the exit hole fit the end of the tubing is quite a way up from where a rear light would normally go.
Attachments
Excuse the feet
Excuse the feet
My thumb is level with the rear exit hole
My thumb is level with the rear exit hole
Spa Audax Ti Ultegra; Genesis Equilibrium 853; Raleigh Record Ace 1983; “Raleigh Competition”, “Raleigh Gran Sport 1982”; “Allegro Special”, Bob Jackson tourer, Ridley alu step-through with Swytch front wheel; gravel bike from an MB Dronfield 531 frame.
David9694

Re: Bluemels Wireway mudguards

Post by David9694 »

And in case helpful …
Attachments
Sizing chart
Sizing chart
Spa Audax Ti Ultegra; Genesis Equilibrium 853; Raleigh Record Ace 1983; “Raleigh Competition”, “Raleigh Gran Sport 1982”; “Allegro Special”, Bob Jackson tourer, Ridley alu step-through with Swytch front wheel; gravel bike from an MB Dronfield 531 frame.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

I think that high exit hole might be for a rack mounted rear light. it's useful to know about these, we've had difficulty sourcing replacement rear mudguards with cable runs for a fleet of electric bikes.
PH

Post by PH »

Nice shoes :wink:
I looked at getting some of them but the tube just looks like a dirt trap to me, I know it neatens the wiring, but I'd rather have a smoother passage for the water and muck to run through. I could be wrong of course, please do report back when you've used them a bit.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I've used the older version where you had a kit of tubing that clipped inside the mg edge. It required drilling holes in the mg which is always a faff. I suppose it's a dirt trap but not enough to interfere with anything unless you care very much about what the inside of your mg's looks like
David9694

Post by David9694 »

So here we are, fitted with a B & M Secula unit bought by accident (thought it was battery)
Flash photo
Flash photo

Possibly what Herr SKS has in mind is one of these:
How much??
How much??
David9694

Post by David9694 »

PH wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 12:28am Nice shoes :wink:
I looked at getting some of them but the tube just looks like a dirt trap to me, I know it neatens the wiring, but I'd rather have a smoother passage for the water and muck to run through. I could be wrong of course, please do report back when you've used them a bit.
Proou shoes as recommended on this very forum. Perfect for hot days like this week.

https://proou.com/boutique/retro-cyclin ... cba1185463