Giro vestana fastlace shoes

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
nageVehT

Giro vestana fastlace shoes

Post by nageVehT »

Hi

I wondered if anyone has these and has any input on the offset cleat position? I’ve never owned clip in pedals. With shops being shut I’m having a real issue trying to get shoes that fit. I’ve ordered Shimano RX8s and they were too narrow, then tried Giro vestana fastlace and after ordering 3 different sizes (!!) found the right size. I was concerned about the offset cleats so ordered some privateer lace in the same size as the vestanas that fit. Despite them being both Giro shoes the size is way out and the privateers are much shorter than the vestanas. This is the fifth pair of shoes I’ve ordered, it’s doing my head in trying to get something that fits with all the sizing being so different between brands or even models from the same brand. Ive read mixed reviews about the offset cleat position on the vestanas and wondering whether I should really be going for something more central for my first shoe? I wish I could try them on and use them but I won’t then be able to return them. Any guidance is appreciated.
igauk

Re: Giro vestana fastlace shoes

Post by igauk »

I've no experience of these shoes, but having looked at them the cleat position ins't 'offset', that's where cleat slots are positioned, slightly inboard. Reviews praise their comfort and the only cleat issue seems to be that the sole is close to edges of the cleat slots so rotation of the cleat could be limited, but this won't affect everyone: https://off.road.cc/content/review/shoe ... eview-6323 If they fit and are comfortable, just use them.
Moulton TSR 30