Correct kickstand for 24-year old Birdy Blue folding bike

For discussions about bikes and equipment.

Correct kickstand for 24-year old Birdy Blue folding bike

Post by 123 »

Do you own a Birdy folding bike (1)manufactured many years ago (2) that's fitted with the manufacturer's (Riese & Müller's) kickstand?

If so, I'd be grateful for your help, by way of a close-up photo of the kickstand &/or by letting me know what (if any) part no. or other identifying feature is inscribed on the kickstand.

I ask because the manufacturer's (Reise & Müller's) information to me as to the correct part number contradicts two of their official dealers whom I have also consulted, who don't recognise R&M's part no. & won't refund me if I order the wrong kickstand for my 24-year old Birdy Blue.

As there will be no refund if I order the wring kickstand, and I need also to pay postage costs & customs dues to have the kickstand sent abroad, I'd like to be sure I'm ordering the correct one.

Any help, by way of a close-up photo or other info. would therefore be much appreciated. Kindly at the same time let me know roughly how old your Birdy is and which type, e.g. Birdy Blue / Birdy Red / Birdy Elox.