Track pump advice?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
gregoryoftours

Re: Track pump advice?

Post by gregoryoftours »

You can't go wrong with a Joe blow sport, although I'd avoid anything with a plastic barrel. Interesting to hear about the sprint though.
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

I have a Joe Blow Sport, which I've recently refurbed with a new head and check valve, and an SKS Rennkompressor.

The Joe Blow is far better. The SKS heads are hopeless.
freiston

Post by freiston »

Slothman wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 2:10pm Anyone have experience regarding the Lifeline Professional? https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-profe ... lsrc=aw.ds
I have one, bought just over two years ago for £25 in a sale. I replaced my Aldi track pump with it (the Aldi plastic handle broke). I find that it does the job well and seems very "tough" - not going to break easily. The chuck is very good too. I don't think any of the seals/piston washers are replaceable though (except for the visible O rings on the chuck Presta/Schrader adapter) - I can't see a way of getting to them. I don't use my pump often - only to top up my two bikes (tourer about 65-70 psi and folder about 40 psi) and the odd puncture (more other people's than my own). I like the pump and I'm happy with it. When out and about, I take a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HV with gauge.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)