Abus Victory Bike lock will not lock

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
freeflow

Abus Victory Bike lock will not lock

Post by freeflow »

I've had an Abus Victory bike lock on my bike since last August. Yesterday, having ridden some distance from home, the
lock refused to lock. Its not a major issue at the moment. Asus's website doesn't provide a suitable contact email address. So I was wandering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem and solved it.

At the moment I waiting to see if a copies spraying of the internals with GT85 is a solution.
backnotes

Re: Abus Victory Bike lock will not lock

Post by backnotes »

You say the lock is "on" your bike - so is this a frame fit lock that locks through the rear wheel?

I expect you will probably know the make of your own bike lock, but are you sure it is Abus? There is apparently an Abus "Victory" disc brake lock for motorbikes, but I can't see any other Abus "Victory" cycle locks. I expect your lock and keys both say ABUS on them in big embossed letters, and you are now thinking "what on earth is this idiot on about"!

The reason I ask is that I have an Axa Victory frame-fit lock "on" a pedal cycle, as well as a couple of Abus locks. So it seems worth asking in spite of the high risk of being ridiculed:-)
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

Thanks for the correction. It is indeed an Axa lock. Its my age you know. I no longer have senior moments, just brief periods of lucidity.

Anyway I solved the problem. It was one of those million to chance issues, but a thorn had managed to inveigle its way into the lock and was firmly wedged in a position that stopped the lock reaching the final closing position.
IMG_20210726_131532.jpg
It was easy to dislodge once I found it but a bit of a bugger to remove from the narrow channel.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

Glad to hear you sorted it out without the need for customer service!