Holdsworth 'Trentino' advice....

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Maillot Rouge

Re: Holdsworth 'Trentino' advice....

Post by Maillot Rouge »

mig wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 1:25pm that bike is tiny.

at your height (although ,as mentioned, i think that your inside leg is 30-31 inches) you'd need to put the saddle height up maybe 4-5 inches from where it stands now.

there is no way that you'd be able to do that as the seatpost would be beyond its extension.

there's something about the wheels that look a little like 650c ones too...?? :? but i can't see from markings on the tyres.
Do/did Shimano make a 650c A500 wheel?I don’t think so.I don’t think Planet X make/made a 650c Holdworth?
When I see an old style racer in my size they look huge.That Holdsworth looks about right for a 51cm to me!
The geometry table the OP posted from Planet X is different to the one currently on their site for Holdsworths.
mig

Post by mig »

Maillot Rouge wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 2:22pm

at your height (although ,as mentioned, i think that your inside leg is 30-31 inches) you'd need to put the saddle height up maybe 4-5 inches from where it stands now.

there is no way that you'd be able to do that as the seatpost would be beyond its extension.

there's something about the wheels that look a little like 650c ones too...?? :? but i can't see from markings on the tyres.
Do/did Shimano make a 650c A500 wheel?I don’t think so.I don’t think Planet X make/made a 650c Holdworth?
When I see an old style racer in my size they look huge.That Holdsworth looks about right for a 51cm to me!
The geometry table the OP posted from Planet X is different to the one currently on their site for Holdsworths.
most probably not i agree. still the bike is too small for the OP i'd say.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Maillot Rouge wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 2:22pm

It's a r500 wheel which afaik wasn't made in 650c.

Basis shimano wheels below rs10 for stock bikes / commuting tbh.

Cheers James