Paramo Quito jacket

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
tinribs

Paramo Quito jacket

Post by tinribs »

Looking to replace my Paramo Quito however looks like Paramo have stopped production! Anyone know if they've replaced it with another jacket? Or recommendations for something similar? The Quito has been brilliant, light and versatile. Looking for something I can wear walking and off the bike too.
Jupestar

Re: Paramo Quito jacket

Post by Jupestar »

Guess they have renamed it. Maybe best to ask them what the closest current model it.

There is some Quito's on Ebay - probably end of line, but you would need to check they are not knock-offs.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

I think mine is a Velez Adventure Light which is a half-zip pullover smock with a pouch pocket and a hood big enough to go over a helmet. It's a bit heavier (100g ?) than the Quito according to this review of the Quito, where the reviewer reviews his Adventure light in a link within the Quito review.. I wasn't sure about Paramo when I bought mine ( as a second off of Paramo ebay), I like it now I just have to remind myself to only wear a t shirt under it due to how warm it is, but presumably you are aware of that with your Quito.
I find the velcro cuffs a bit of a faff to do up, I wonder if mine are sown on the wrong way around; you have to pull the tab towards you, and hold fixed part of the velcro still with your fingers, it seems like other jackets I have work in the opposite direction..
https://www.mudandroutes.com/paramo-qui ... et-review/
Nu-Fogey
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

re risk of buying fake Paramos, the company sell their seconds via a named seller on ebay - providing you stick to buying thru' them, the risk of ending up with a sexton is slim. I've bought a load of their garments via their ebay shop and can thoroughly recommend them.
Paramo Extras here.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)