Exotic, but worth the money?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
iandusud

Re: Exotic, but worth the money?

Post by iandusud »

I don't think the frame is offset or out of alignment. I think it's just the angle of the photo. Clearly the headtube is not lined up with the seat tube so the rear "triangle" appears offset. As to the question is it worth the money - not mine!
peetee

Post by peetee »

iandusud wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 2:01pm I don't think the frame is offset or out of alignment. I think it's just the angle of the photo. Clearly the headtube is not lined up with the seat tube so the rear "triangle" appears offset. As to the question is it worth the money - not mine!
It’s clear from the rear stays and seat tube that the rear of the bike is set to one side. It should follow then that the head tube should be to the other side of the seat tube but it isn’t.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
peetee

Post by peetee »

iandusud wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 2:01pm I don't think the frame is offset or out of alignment. I think it's just the angle of the photo. Clearly the headtube is not lined up with the seat tube so the rear "triangle" appears offset. As to the question is it worth the money - not mine!
Try to ignore the seat stays, they might well be offset.
If the bike is slightly at an angle the seat tube should be to one side of the head tube and the top of the tyre should be the other side. But they are both to one side of the head tube.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Interesting - I'm guessing the wide fork has something to do with breaking the aerodynamic resistance before the your legs pass through the same air space....
...I'm guessing thus could be the next big design feature...
In which case we could be seeing 135mm oln front hubs become prevalent. This would mean that the front hub could also carry either a fixed sprocket or freewheel, just incase the paws of your free hub give up :-)
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

peetee wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 4:58pm
Try to ignore the seat stays, they might well be offset.
If the bike is slightly at an angle the seat tube should be to one side of the head tube and the top of the tyre should be the other side. But they are both to one side of the head tube.
Maybe I'm missing something but what I see is the bike with the front wheel turned slightly to the right and with the camera in line with the front wheel.
GuyBoden

Post by GuyBoden »

Looks good to me, if only I had a spare £15,000.