Hiplok Z-lok combo

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Sidlaws

Hiplok Z-lok combo

Post by Sidlaws »

Anyone else bought a Hiplok Z Lok Combo café lock? (https://hiplok.com/product/zlokcombo1/) Had one arrive today and it meets my expectations in all but one small respect...
The combination wheels (rotors) don't 'click' between digits making it a bit fiddly to unlock. As every other combination lock I have fiddled with has wheels that do click to the digits I wonder if this non-clicking behaviour of the Hiplok is a feature... or whether I have a dud?
IainMcB

Re: Hiplok Z-lok combo

Post by IainMcB »

I've just got one of these. Unfortunately the numbers are tiny. I reset the code, but clearly didn't have strong enough glasses on. 733 digits later, with one sore digit on my hand, I got back in. It's probably not a great idea if you need specs.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

Sidlaws it's probably a good thing as combination locks are quite quick to pick by feel. The lack of clicks might help with that just a little.
rjb

Post by rjb »

IainMcB wrote: 7 Apr 2022, 7:47pm I've just got one of these. Unfortunately the numbers are tiny. I reset the code, but clearly didn't have strong enough glasses on. 733 digits later, with one sore digit on my hand, I got back in. It's probably not a great idea if you need specs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are these being sold by Del Boy and Rodney Trotters Independent Traders.
Sorry. :lol:
Triggers dodgy briefcases.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D