Mudflaps.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Patrickpioneer

Re: Mudflaps.

Postby Patrickpioneer » 27 Feb 2019, 10:09am

Yoga mats cut up work well and its all I use on all my bikes.
Namaste
Pat

Brucey

Postby Brucey » 27 Feb 2019, 10:52am

a bit late but

check out the mudflaps on the white bike; at one time you were not allowed on a winter club run unless you had these fitted, according to one of my chums who rode for them. He also told me that one of the club members would supply suitable mudflaps at cost ( a couple of quid I think) including plastic nuts and bolts with which to attach them. In that neck of the woods you could be 95% certain which club an otherwise anonymous rider rode for just by looking at their mudflaps!

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AndyK

Postby AndyK » 27 Feb 2019, 2:16pm

Brucey wrote:a bit late but

check out the mudflaps on the white bike; at one time you were not allowed on a winter club run unless you had these fitted, according to one of my chums who rode for them. He also told me that one of the club members would supply suitable mudflaps at cost ( a couple of quid I think) including plastic nuts and bolts with which to attach them. In that neck of the woods you could be 95% certain which club an otherwise anonymous rider rode for just by looking at their mudflaps!

cheers

The flaps in the photo look like RAW Mudflaps, lightweight, tough and available in a variety of colours and designs. I bought some last year on a friend's recommendation; so far I've found them useless for keeping the spray off, but that's probably because they're still sitting in a drawer waiting to be fitted. :oops: