Mounting an IQ Cyo

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Graham O

Mounting an IQ Cyo

Post by Graham O »

While waiting for my new IQ Cyo front light to arrive, I've been thinking about how to mount it. It appears to come with a vertical bracket underneath the light. Does anyone have any recommendation for mounting it please? If the bracket is thin enough, it could be fitted between the fork crown and front brake, but the mounting looks a bit thick. Is it possible to get a longer brake mounting bolt? Any help or advice much appreciated.

Thanks
james01

Post by james01 »

The standard method is to mount the supplied bracket on the fork bridge brake-and-mudguard attachment bolt ( although modern V and Canti brakes don't actually use this bolt). This provides a solid attachment at an ideal height. It's possible that you may need to fit a longer bolt through the fork bridge, it's also possible that the bracket may interfere with the brake set-up, in which case you can extend the reach of the bolt by the use of spacers.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

All of the front light brackets that B&M supply (caliper, canti and V) will fit as well as the 'wire' bracket supplied. Google for them. One of these will fit most types of fork/brake combination.
Graham O

Post by Graham O »

Thanks for the information guys. It is largely as I guessed, but just wanted to make sure I knew what to do when it arrived.
Hemipode

Post by Hemipode »

If you want to change the bracket rather than just use a longer bolt this is what you will need :
http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP4315.as ... RACK%3dDPL
I used a longer bolt for mine & spaced it away from the brake with 3 extra nuts. It works fine & you get to keep the nice stainless steel bracket.
They are super lights !