Slime anti puncture lining

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Shaz519

Slime anti puncture lining

Post by Shaz519 »

Quick question I was told that inserting the said lining can affect the performance/ efficiency of the wheels. Any truth in this?

Also is it advisable to use slime lining with armadillo tyres to be extra safe? I was also told that as the armadillos are heavier and thicker it would it be counter productive. Does anyone uses the lining with their armadillos?

I had a few punctures in the past couple of weeks so wanted some advice.
ronyrash

Re:Slime anti puncture lining

Post by ronyrash »

i bought a slime filled tube in the states last year and its still going strong virtually no puntures and the tubes dont leak the least amount,there is a marginal effect on steerage but this soon passes.keep a close eye on the tires for thorns ect,if it goes down just pump it up again,chanses
are it wil stay up.its a matter of getting to
know the stuf,
tomjw

Post by tomjw »

I have done 2000 miles with one puncture and that was a thorn thru the side wall. In my experience these linings are excellent. When installing put a piece of old inner tube over the overlapping edge of the lining. As for performance, I would be prepared to bet that no one could detect whether a bike's tyres had linings in or not. There is absolutely no discernable difference.
Keith Davis

Post by Keith Davis »

When I've used Slime I've not noticed any difference in stearing. Once I was cycling along, and heard the "fit fit fit fit" of a puncture. This lasted just long enough for me to thing "oh no, not a puncture" - then it stopped - and I sailed on feeling very smug. It doesn't always work - when it does, it is worth it!