Computers,Heart Rate Monitors and Turbo trainers

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mike Rudkin

Computers,Heart Rate Monitors and Turbo trainers

Post by Mike Rudkin »

I want to buy a Computer that is also a Heart Rate Monitor and will work with a Turbo Trainer-any ideas ? Or will I need 2 bits of Kit ?
commuter world

Re: Computers,Heart Rate Monitors and Turbo trainers

Post by commuter world »

cna you let me know how yu got on with this?
am getting a turbo trainer & a need a computer that will work on the trainer as well as on the road, so ideally needs to fit on back wheel.
have been told led lights may interfere with wireless computers - anyone know more about this?
thanks
this is why events unerve me
Mike Rudkin

Post by Mike Rudkin »

Put simply-Cateye V3-it works well for me.Had to do a 'paper round' to pay for it lol
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

The newer Polar heart rate monitors that use digital speed sensors (W.I.N.D.) will work on the back wheel.
Mister W

Post by Mister W »

Garmin Forerunner 50 - get the one with a HR strap, not a foot pod. Then buy the GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor to put on the bike. You then have the benefit of being able to download the data to your PC.
ersakus

Post by ersakus »

One more vote for the Cateye V3.
Pros : Hi quality stuff (at least so far). Batteries will last a year for me, so more than OK for long tours. No need to worry about recharging them!
Cons: Buttons are terribly small and hard to press. Looks too cool, so could be nicked any moment if I ever forget it on the bike.

ps: I have to say that I have a GPS logger as well which records all of the route/spee/altitude info which can be downloaded on my PC when I'm back home. So the combination of the logger with V3 computer is all I need on a long tour (or any other sort of ride really).
Ivor Tingting

Post by Ivor Tingting »

Merlin Cycles are doing the Sigma Rox 8.0 for £129.99 on special offer nearly half price. I have the 9.0 which has everything you could ever need on a bike the 8.0 is pretty similar. Worth checking it out.
"Zat is ze reel prowoking qwestion Mr Paxman." - Peer Steinbruck, German Finance Minister 31/03/2009.
roadierach

Post by roadierach »

probably a bit late, but I bought a Sigma Rox 8.0 from Merlin and posted a review on my blog - really happy with it. Great value for what it does and would work great with the turbo trainer.
http://girlgeargeek.wordpress.com/2009/ ... -0-review/