adjusting weinmann centrepull brakes

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
gregoryoftours

Re: adjusting weinmann centrepull brakes

Post by gregoryoftours »

4th hand tools as suggested by Brucey (also known as cable pullers) are more effective and easier to use than third hand tools. Needed here more than other brakes because spring tension tends to be pretty high. X tools pro or pedros are much cheaper than park model which is outrageously expensive. You can get cheaper again but they often don't have the locking mechanism for hands free operation. 4th hand tools are generally much more useful for pulling cable zip ties really tight.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: adjusting weinmann centrepull brakes

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I seem to remember that you just used your thumb to hold the straddle wire up and fingers of other hand to pull cable, at same time the fingers of first hand with thumb under straddle wire to hold cable so you could do up nut with other hand :)

These were the days of laziness so just relied on the front brake only to stop, always pulling stoppies at lights :mrgreen:

It wasn't until my bad bike servicing or more the lack of meant a head on with a car on wrong side of lane :?
Because the nipple had dropped off the lever :lol: :lol: :lol:
From then on both brakes worked and there was lube on cables :oops:

The terrain of my cycling today means that the brakes get serviced every 37 miles / every ride which might be a few hundred.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.