BBC Working Lunch - Chris Juden

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
glueman

Re: BBC Working Lunch - Chris Juden

Postby glueman » 25 Mar 2010, 10:42pm

I want that bike. It's a Mamod-bicycle hybrid.

fatboy

Postby fatboy » 26 Mar 2010, 9:05am

I wondered what the point of the bike was then I heard his whistle! If he wants a TV programme he might need to moderate his language a bit!
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly

CJ

Postby CJ » 26 Mar 2010, 10:27am

Thanks for watching and all your kind words. Thanks for the unkind words too: if I get another chance I'll try to do better. But you're right, it was very rushed. That's the nature of live TV. They fluffed the introduction (should have panned to me by the table at the start of the prog) and I think they over-ran a bit with the car stuff.

I'll just leave you with this. A colleague has discovered the perfect accessory for all those folks who ride to work with a backpack. Get yours here! :lol:
Chris Juden
One lady owner, never raced or jumped.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 26 Mar 2010, 3:21pm

Nice shirt :)

Needs some vent holes at the rear though
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

robwa10

Postby robwa10 » 26 Mar 2010, 5:43pm

What I find the most ironic about Working Lunch is that the show's presenters, organizers, producers and such would like to imagine that high flying, important business people are watching. In reality they're either working or having lunch at a very expensive restaurant. It's the same for the Politics Show, it's just retired people eating there dinner who are watching. :wink:
Just Rob please.

PaulB

Postby PaulB » 26 Mar 2010, 7:52pm

Working Lunch used to be a very good financial programme then the BBC changed the format and the presenters, dumbed it down and it is now a very juvenile Blue Peter. Seeing that CTC logo on the shirt has just convinced me it has to go!

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 27 Mar 2010, 9:23am

PaulB wrote:........ BBC changed the format and the presenters, dumbed it down and it is now a very juvenile Blue Peter.

Love it!
I think TV is all like that now, that's why we've done away with ours.
Mick F. Cornwall

frank9755

Postby frank9755 » 27 Mar 2010, 2:49pm

I've just watched it.

I agree with others that Chris's slot was good but rushed. I enjoyed the 'donkey' line, and have since used it to good effect!

I hope the irritating chap who did the demo of his daft rucksack, multi-tool and bar bag watched that bit as he would have learned far more than he appeared to know when doing his sketch!

Si

Postby Si » 27 Mar 2010, 3:50pm

I have to disagree slightly about ruck sacks - I'm perfectly happy to use one if doing a short commute - say the 10 mins max down to the local library and shops. When you stop it's much less hassle than a pannier - easier to carry around the shops, and no faffing around trying to clip it on and off the rack (which for some designs of pannier can be a pain).

Of course, for longer journeys I agree that carrying stuff on the bike is better, although my ideal would be a wire shopping basket on the rear rack with the ruck sack chucked into it.

cycleruk

Postby cycleruk » 28 Mar 2010, 9:23pm

Rode for a lot of years using a duffle bag. (and a bike of course) - never had a sweaty back.
There's no such thing as a tailwind.
It's either a headwind, or you're going well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81gfs4sd76E