Heads up

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
random37

Re: Heads up

Post by random37 »

At the moment, I'm doing most of my cycling on bikes that have either hub brakes or steel rims.

Real men like me jam their feet into the front wheel to stop in emergencies. :P
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

chris667 wrote:Real men like me jam their feet into the front wheel to stop in emergencies. :P

easily said from the alp-like canal paths of reading :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

chris667 wrote:Real men like me jam their feet into the front wheel to stop in emergencies. :P

I was chatting to three young lads a week or so ago, they had BMX bikes and I could tell they were very proud of them and enjoyed all the stunts and stuff.

I wandered over to them to see their shiny bikes and noticed that none of their bikes had front brakes! I was non-confrontational but asked them why. One lad replied, "Coz it's cool!" and another said that it ruined the alu rims!

I couldn't convince them about bikes and brakes, they were on a completely different wavelength and planet to me!
Mick F. Cornwall
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Mick F wrote:

I was chatting to three young lads a week or so ago, they had BMX bikes and I could tell they were very proud of them and enjoyed all the stunts and stuff.

I wandered over to them to see their shiny bikes and noticed that none of their bikes had front brakes! I was non-confrontational but asked them why. One lad replied, "Coz it's cool!" and another said that it ruined the alu rims!

I couldn't convince them about bikes and brakes, they were on a completely different wavelength and planet to me!

I'm surprised you were on different wavelengths. Mick. I mean, you with a Raleigh Chopper and everything, I thought you'd be 'down wid da kidz' :lol:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

toggle chain charm:-
tick tick tick 2nd tick tick tick 3rd tick tick tick
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
random37

Post by random37 »

hubgearfreak wrote:

easily said from the alp-like canal paths of reading :lol:

Bloody cheek! I'll have you know that at the locks, there are sometimes descents that can be 30, even 40 feet long!

Caen Hill flight in the rain with steel rims, that'll sort the men from the boys. :lol:

Although I see from my last visit the BW staff now have quad bikes to get around it. :evil:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

chris667 wrote:
...........Bloody cheek! I'll have you know that at the locks, there are sometimes descents that can be 30, even 40 feet long!

Caen Hill flight in the rain with steel rims, that'll sort the men from the boys....................

The heat,the friction,I, don't even want to think about it,a real mans game this towpath trundling :shock:
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Foxton locks is a long flight. We've been up and down a couple of times.
(on a narrowboat!)
foxton-locks-grand-union-canal-leicester-section-2247.JPG
foxton-locks-grand-union-canal-leicester-section-2247.JPG (109.46 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:Foxton locks is a long flight. We've been up and down a couple of times.
(on a narrowboat!)
foxton-locks-grand-union-canal-leicester-section-2247.JPG

Real scary,unless, that is, you've got some of these http://road.cc/node/12663 then it just becomes another flight :D
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I was able to try these pads/blocks today in the rain ,to my suprise they were almost as good as when dry,They get a 10 out of 10 from me.
W H Auden