Glueless patches?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
CREPELLO

Re: Glueless patches?

Post by CREPELLO »

Almost certainly the Wilkos and Halfords ones are the same (red ovals), as made by Weldtite. I bought a pack a while back.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

I know you won't believe me, but here goes, anyway. If you open the BOTTOM of the tiny tube of rubber solution by unwrapping the rolled up metal foil and squeeze a bit of solution out from there, you can re-seal it by re-wrapping the metal foil, and it DOESN'T DRY out.
Just try it!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

531colin wrote:I know you won't believe me, but here goes, anyway. If you open the BOTTOM of the tiny tube of rubber solution by unwrapping the rolled up metal foil and squeeze a bit of solution out from there, you can re-seal it by re-wrapping the metal foil, and it DOESN'T DRY out.
Just try it!

I've not tried that yet but I will when the opportunity arises. Even Edward de Bono would be impressed by that idea.
ddddddd

Re: Glue

Post by ddddddd »

I do believe you, 531colin

It can be useful to open the bottom of tubes. I find, when the nozzle end has blocked up on Super Glue, as it inevitably does, then you can rip the crimped end to get some out this way, but you must be very careful that it doesn't spurt out.

Or get that last bit of toothpaste out. - For plastic tubes cut across with scissors.