Lightweight Upgrades

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Squibnocket

Lightweight Upgrades

Post by Squibnocket »

Hi all I've just rebuilt a Fort frame and I would like to reduce the weight a little more,so could anybody recommend a lightweight road saddle preferably a white one, a set of carbon forks 1" not 1and 1/8th also a set of handle bars. I haven't got a large budget as the kids get more pocket money than me!! I may even go for second hand (if they are in good nick) if anybody has got anything. I would love to add some before and after pics but I'm not sure how to do it.Cheers
CREPELLO

Re: Lightweight Upgrades

Post by CREPELLO »

Squibnocket wrote:Hi all I've just rebuilt a Fort frame and I would like to reduce the weight a little more,so could anybody recommend a lightweight road saddle preferably a white one, a set of carbon forks 1" not 1and 1/8th also a set of handle bars. I haven't got a large budget as the kids get more pocket money than me!! I may even go for second hand (if they are in good nick) if anybody has got anything. I would love to add some before and after pics but I'm not sure how to do it.Cheers

I won't advise on the saddle or handlebars (which depend so mch on personal style and preference), but would suggest that 1" carbon forks are obselete. You may find one or two examples (ebay etc), but certainly not a range or choice to choose from.
canamdad

Post by canamdad »

Try here: www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Tifosi_Carbo ... e=googleps

or do what I did to get above link, google "1 inch carbon fork" They're still out there!
Big T

Post by Big T »

Fizik Arione is a good lightweight saddle, but not cheap, £80-£100. Both Planet X and Raleigh (Outland) do an Arione copy for £20-25. You might get one cheaper if you shop around.

Planet X also do cheap and light Alu bars. I wouldn't go for carbon bars. You have to replace them if you crash.
My JOGLE blog:
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
twitter: @bikingtrev