Cateye TL-LD600

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
luddite

Cateye TL-LD600

Postby luddite » 21 Nov 2010, 4:05pm

My partner has one of the above Cateye lights, but we can't mount it on either the seat post (as she's short & has the seat right down), or on the seat stay (as she has panniers on and it can't be seen). Her luggage rack has a flat mounting plate for a light, but the Cateye web site doesn't have a bracket suitable for mounting this type of light to a flat surface.

Does anyone know of a mounting bracket that is suitable for this brand of light that will allow it to be fitted to a flat plate surface?

Many thanks

TJB

cjchambers

Re: Cateye TL-LD600

Postby cjchambers » 21 Nov 2010, 4:11pm

This maybe? Link (assuming the plate has holes or you are able to drill some)

luddite

Postby luddite » 21 Nov 2010, 4:30pm

Thanks for the link to the part on Edinburgh Bicycle Co op. Brilliant! I thought there must be something out there that was purpose made. I would have gone down the 'bodge something up' route, but lack of time prevents this currently. I'll set the computer literate household youngster onto ordering it staight away.

Once again many thanks, for all the suggestions, guys.

TJB

gbnz

Postby gbnz » 24 Nov 2012, 7:29am

Does anyone know whether the Cateye TL-LD600 is compliant with road vehicle lighting regulations?

I've two, ten year old versions of the light in working order and have always found them to be excellant in terms of "brightness". My issue is that my hopeless "legal" rear light is now offline (Requires a new dynamo) and I'd prefer to rely purely on the above (Budgetary constraints!)

Alternatively is the cateye TL-LD170 a legally compliant light

I've looked everywhere and can't find any info (The cateye TL-LD600's aren't even listed under cateyes archive lights anymore)

Malaconotus

Postby Malaconotus » 24 Nov 2012, 8:36am

This is the only light made by Cat Eye, or, AFAIK, anyone else, whis is designed to be compliant with UK regulations... http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/product ... ht-au100bs Other lights may or may not satisfy the requirement in law to conform to an equivalent European standard, but this has not to the best of my knowledge ever been tested, nor is it possibly ever likely to be.

Alex L

Postby Alex L » 24 Nov 2012, 5:31pm

Attach one of these?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cateye-rear-carrier-mounting/

What rack is he using?

Steve

Postby Steve » 24 Nov 2012, 5:50pm

Or how about a new pannier rack?!! I just got one of these for the wife's small bike - it has a mount specially made for Cateye rear lights as well as the proper vertical plate for a more firmly bolted light/reflector. Managed to buy a new one on *bay for £15.

http://www.zyro.co.uk/brand/TORTEC/tortec/TTSTOU/supertour-rear-rack.aspx

gaz

Postby gaz » 25 Nov 2012, 2:00pm

Here's one I made earlier, after reading that thread.
HPIM0892.JPG
Heath Robinson
Hand wash only. Do not iron.

boris

Postby boris » 26 Nov 2012, 10:45pm

''other lights may or may not satisfy the requirement in law to conform to an equivalent European standard, but this has not to the best of my knowledge ever been tested, nor is it possibly ever likely to be.''

I used to fret about the details of getting BS lights. Frankly the bike light regs are no longer respected by anyone because they are out-dated and have been for 20 years. We all just put obviously good lights on. If you want BS numbered lights you will have to go to the pound shop or a jumble sale..