Independent Cycle Engineer wanted!

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
nilling

Independent Cycle Engineer wanted!

Postby nilling » 8 Apr 2011, 9:58am

Anybody know of an independent cycle engineer based in the NW, needed to get my insurance claim moving :(

spanner

Re: Independent Cycle Engineer wanted!

Postby spanner » 9 Apr 2011, 7:43pm

why not try a frame builder to have a look at your frame whom am sure will give a good written report for your insurance claim as he wil be able to state whether the frame is repairable or beyond repair(ie a write off) and the cost of a new frame and fitting parts which are reuseable from your damaged bike
not sure what he would charge but you can claim this as expenses thru your insurance claim

Punk_shore

Re: Independent Cycle Engineer wanted!

Postby Punk_shore » 12 Apr 2011, 3:27pm

It's been a while since my motorcycle was written off in a crash and I know motorcycle insurance is different. However, would an independent cycle engineer fill the same role as a loss adjuster? :roll:
I've never heard of a bicycle frame being straightened out on a powered jig (assuming it's bent). There is always the option of buying a complete replacement bike and selling the old one to a cycle-jumbler for salvage. The main question is, are you OK? :shock:
What is the colour(s) of your cycle?
Which of its benefits would you recommend?
Please lookup the Bicycle Renewal Programme, linked to the website button beneath "Santa's Little Helper" cartoon.