Tubus Logo rack.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
LowPlainsDrifter

Tubus Logo rack.

Post by LowPlainsDrifter »

Now I have been laid off work again (for the 4th time, for good probably ,the management are a-holes but that's another story) so now have plenty of time on my hands and want to spend some dosh I have before it devalues so much its worth bugger all I am thinking of buying a Tubus Logo pannier rack.
So my question is, anyone out there with one and what are you views? It'll be carrying camping gear and panniers etc.
Also do you know if my Carradice Super C's will fit this rack ok without messing? - (which they don't on my Bor Yueh rack!)
Oh, my bike is a Dawes Sadar. Steel frame. 26" wheels
Cheers.
zero population growth.
no to the rat race thanks.
pedalsheep

Re: Tubus Logo rack.

Post by pedalsheep »

I have a Tubus Logo on my Roberts and its absolutely rock solid. It works well on a small frame giving plenty of heel clearance. Fits Ortlieb panniers perfectly, don't know about carradice. My only criticism is that the plastic coating chips off a bit, its only a minor niggle but if I was buying again I'd go for the stainless steel version, I think its called 'Cosmo'.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
hufty

Post by hufty »

I have Super Cs (with the grey C system hooks) a Cosmo rack and a 26-er touring bike and yes it's all solid, no problems with the clips.
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
whippet020207

Post by whippet020207 »

I use a Tubus logo with Carradice Super C and its top banana, it seems to keep the centre of gravity a bit lower the way the panniers sit which is good.
LowPlainsDrifter

Post by LowPlainsDrifter »

Thanks for the replies. I have read good reports on it but before I plump for it wanted to be sure my Super C's fit.
Mine, like Hufty, have the C system hooks.
zero population growth.
no to the rat race thanks.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Bit late responding but another thumbs up from me for the Tubus Logo. Excellent bit of kit.