Anyone know much about Fiamme?

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
kenster

Anyone know much about Fiamme?

Post by kenster »

Looking to buy a secondhand bike has got fiamme hubs,bars, brakes and chainset? I have found a few things on rims but nothing on the other parts? are they any good? is fiamme a model from another company? thoughts please asap thanks jon
tatanab

Re: Anyone know much about Fiamme?

Post by tatanab »

Info about Fiamme rims and stem here - http://www.velobase.com/ViewBrand.aspx? ... 6a4&From=T I certainly recall the rims and stem, but not bars, hubs, brakes or chainset. Are you sure these parts are Fiamme, or is the seller assuming they are?

The database linked is usually very good, so I'd suggest that these parts are not by Fiamme.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

makers of beautiful (and sometimes slightly delicate) sprint rims.... I've not seen or used anything else by them so am thinking the other bits are 'something else'

photos?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Kish

Post by Steve Kish »

In the 1960s, my choice of rims was either Fiamme or Milremo Super Champion. Both very good.
Old enough to know better but too young to care.
kenster

Post by kenster »

Advert link below it's actually a bike on gumtree seems a good offer, guy had it built by ribble 1 1/2 years ago as a favour. Sounds as if they used up som e surplus/old stock? thanks for yuor thoughts so far.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/ribbl ... e/94340161
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

well it looks like they re-used the Fiamme name (for about five minutes...) on someone else's bits to me. Is that a campy chainset in disguise, or a ofmega one, or something?

Never seen that before.....

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Fiamme decals on E bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiamme-vintage-rim-decals-choice-3-styles-/300510781177?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f7d69ef9

kenster wrote:.................. guy had it built by ribble 1 1/2 years ago as a favour...........

Do Ribble do that a lot?
The advert doesn't (to me) indicate much knowledge of the bike.....what model/type of frame is it? How much for a new bike?
Its just down the road from me, if you are viewing before bidding I could tag along. I know nothing of road bikes, though!
kenster

Post by kenster »

I don't want to give the wrong impression about ribble. My understanding is the guuy selling it is a rep that has strong links to them. not sure whether to go for bit or not? the problem i s i don't live local and can't view the bike before i buy it?
531colin

Post by 531colin »

kenster wrote:I don't want to give the wrong impression about ribble. My understanding is the guuy selling it is a rep that has strong links to them............

OK, just look at the advert.
44cm frame?
He has now edited the gear info. to 105, in stead of 108 or whatever it said yesterday.
Fiamme "cogs" for chainset (I guess?)
kenster

Post by kenster »

Thanks Colin I have spoken to him and tried to give him some education around bikes :shock:
I told him about the 105 and the frame is a 54cm not 44cm./ I think i'm going to leave it, but do think it's worth the money. I spoke to ribble and the frame is a 7005sl so higher spec than standard. Just the Fiamme i cannot work out?