miche splined hub

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
willcee

miche splined hub

Post by willcee »

Recent spare wheel issues dictated a new 28 spoked hub , i dealt with CRC and had what i considered a bargain at £9.99 MICHE racing box hub. Miche splined ,great. i think.. as most of my stuff is campagnolo and i have used miche cassettes without major issues.. it arrives,i get it built,fit a new tyre, and the proceed to fit a cassette .... no joy ..... looks like campag but isn't and not shimano or sram.. first time i have come across this and i 'm no pilgrim...Please can anybody clue me up as to where i can get a 9 speed suitably miche only splined cassette.. MICHE pdf files suggest they are available , but lack detail... thx will
Brucey

Re: miche splined hub

Post by Brucey »

stupid thought; it isn't campag 8-speed compatible, is it?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
willcee

Post by willcee »

nope.. i have all campags different splines . the indents are shimano like small but evenly spaced with one which has a small track in the centre.. suntour will fit but are too loose.. and its bigger diameter than shimano or campagnolo.. i have an email away to one of their agents for a new campag spline freehub.. will
willcee

Post by willcee »

update,, chain reaction haven't been much help..miche don't have a freehub that suits /fits this hub and takes campag spline.. CR don't deal with Miche & never did stock the particular cassette , i have been in touch with Italy and Miche still have this cassette.. Brucey was correct , they are similar to old campag 8 speed.. that said few of the dealers i have been in touch with understand what i am asking for!!! seems its known as M type cassette and some Bianchis had it fitted as a hub for Bianchi own wheels. WILL.UPDATE WHEN MORE KNOWLEDGE ACQUIRED..thx will
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

Ribble still sell cassettes to fit Campagnolo 8-speed, but currently show no stock in 26+ T sizes. Maybe someone has a workable 26T sprocket kicking around? It should be the last one to wear out, after all.

cheers
thecycleclinic

Post by thecycleclinic »

I suppose there is a good reason why it was cheap. I do order through company Z so if miche have it the company Z will be able to get it. If you can't get hold of one then I could add it to the next order.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Never seen one buuuuuut you mention of M type makes me wonder about Mavic. Didn't they have their own cassette fitting? And a tiny niggle makes me wonder if it was M type. Tiny chance I suppose but just maybe.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

RJ Chicken list Record 8 speed and Miche (Bianchi) 9 speed (think these are 8 speed splines but absolutely not sure). http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/index.php?cat=41&ord=2
willcee

Post by willcee »

Malcolm at the Cycle Clinic came to the rescue.. supplied a new 8 speed which fitted like a glove, the supplied new lock ring was too small in the thread ...however i had a few which suited.. so its sorted 8 weeks on.. thanks everyone.. will
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

So it is old campag 8s spline then?

cheers
willcee

Post by willcee »

[quote="willcee"] '' Brucey was correct , they are similar to old campag 8 speed.. that said few of the dealers i have been in touch with understand... seems its known as M type cassette and some Bianchis had it fitted ''

yep Brucey, you were first among the few who did know, i have only used old campag 8 on one machine and had sold it before this all happened.. i thought i had seen it all, wiser and more humble and thankful to the amassed knowledge available on these hallowed pages.. thx will
WOOLIFERKINS

Post by WOOLIFERKINS »

The 9x are available http://www.dotbike.com/p/13432
Neil