Aero Seatpost

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Dizzie

Aero Seatpost

Post by Dizzie »

Hi. Need some help please. Having been convinced when bike shopping this time last year that one bike could do everything the purchased Sabbath Silk road was joined by a sweet little Felt hard tail when the bad weather struck and now a Kona Lisa TR frame. Intended as my winter project to build up ready for time trials next year. Really pleased with the frame, which weighs less than the cardboard box it came in, and at a great price. I have chosen the wheels and bars, pretty sure that I will match the gearing and braking to the Sabbath, Campag Veloce, so interchangeable but I am stuck with the seat post. The frame spec says Aero seat clamp 34.9 and it is a tear drop shaped down tube, I have trawled the net but keep finding 27.2 and 30.1 (or something like that) or Carbon ones with length but no other sizing. Am I understanding this wrong? I can't ask my brother (that I cycle with) as he thinks I am nuts building a bike in the first place, being a girl and everything.
Don't want to go overboard price wise with the Kona as the Sabbath is and will remain my best bike, it gets smoother and easier every time I ride it, 65 miles on it are easier than 16 on the Felt, just need to go quicker.
Cheers

Di.
Brucey

Re: Aero Seatpost

Post by Brucey »

I don't know about your particular frame but a good many frames come with a 34.9mm seat clamp, i.e. that is the outside diamter of the seat tube where the external clamp sits.

Best thing to do is to measure the frame inside and out with a vernier caliper and trial fit parts (carefully) to be sure they fit.

hth

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dizzie

Re: Aero Seatpost

Post by Dizzie »

Thanks for your reply, the tear drop shape of the tube threw me a bit so I contacted Kona and within 24 hours I had had 3 replies and the means of getting a specific seat post. That's another bit off the list.

Thanks

Di.