Aero Levers for small hands.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
GrahamG

Aero Levers for small hands.

Post by GrahamG »

Hi all,

It was suggested that I post over here regarding brake levers (not sti's) with a nice small/compact hood area - it's not so much the reach that I'm bothered about which is addressed by some 'compact' models but just the bulk of the hoods. I'm currently using cane creek scr-5's which are just too beefy for my small hands to feel comfortable (and therefore safe!) braking on the hoods.

Any suggestions - needn't necessarily be aero type if they're more comfortable!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

When I bought a bike with Tektro 200A levers on it (they're v similar to the Cane Creek ones, I believe) I was horrified at how fat they were compared to the old aero levers I was used to.

I've got used to them now so when I switched back to an old bike this morning that had old aero levers, I was a bit surprised all over again by how tiny and slender they were.

For reference, the small levers I have are Shimano 105 and R400. The R400 levers are still available in the shops and are quite cheap, but other models in the same shape crop up second hand quite frequently.
GrahamG

Post by GrahamG »

Thanks Paul, that points me in the right direction - see wanted section!
PW

Post by PW »

Not what you asked for but my wife & daughter both used to complain about not being able to reach the levers. Both cured by Campag Ergos on 3TTT Morphe bars with Shimano deep drop dual pivots.
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!