bike positioning help please

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Mark1978

Re: bike positioning help please

Post by Mark1978 »

samsbike wrote:Was it worth it, for piece of mind yes as I had lost confidence in my ability to make the right choices.

I found that. I was all at sea thinking, should I bring the bars in, should I push them further out, should I go higher, should I go lower. All sorts.

A bike fit pointed me in (hopefully) the right direction.
samsbike

Post by samsbike »

Mark1978 wrote:
samsbike wrote:Was it worth it, for piece of mind yes as I had lost confidence in my ability to make the right choices.

I found that. I was all at sea thinking, should I bring the bars in, should I push them further out, should I go higher, should I go lower. All sorts.

The other thing I learnt was that my key ache - RHS shoulder pain may have been exacerbated by the bike, but didnt start there, so I was trying to solve a problem that was not necessarily bike related.

Its still early days as I am settling in, but am still sitting too far back.
531colin

Post by 531colin »

Vladimir wrote:Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it seemed the best one to me.

I hear what Colin says about cyclists not straightening the knee and hence not recruiting vastus medialis which leads to pain in the lateral aspect of the patellar groove and that's all good.

NOW - what does pain in the tendons under the patella indicate?

Answers on a postcard please

Thanks

Vlad

See here.....http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=95647&p=887053#p887053
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mark1978 wrote:

Its not your first paid for bike fit.

When I was fixing stuff for joe puplic I would not charge if I did not fix :!:

Bike fitters should withhold taking payment til one month or even longer giving the customer chance to get re-assessed.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.