Hybrid Tyre Choice 700 x 38c

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mig

Re: Hybrid Tyre Choice 700 x 38c

Post by mig »

OT but who manufactures campagnolo C9 chains?
meic

Post by meic »

Is that a trick question?

It says Campagnolo on the box, on the internal plastic bag and it says "made in Italy" on the box.
Everything related to it says Campagnolo, unless they are following the modern trend of claiming that sticking a label on in Italy to claim made in Italy, means that qualifies it as made in Italy, I will think it likely that it is made in Italy by Campagnolo.

As sure as beef comes from cows. :wink:
Yma o Hyd
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

campagnolo say that they do. They are certainly made in Italy (with the 'whatever that means' caveat.... part of the 30-40% of campag stuff that still is...)

However I have often wondered if Campag's chain manufacturing start-up is in any way related to the demise of Regina as a chain maker for bicycles; Regina still make industrial chains etc, just like Sedis do. And we know what happened to Sedis bicycle chains...

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
niggle

Post by niggle »

meic wrote:
niggle wrote:
reohn2 wrote:If the Hypers do a good enough job I'll be looking into trying other Vittoria tyres,I'd be particularly interested in the Rubino Pro 700x28mm.

That is what I am using on the Genesis, they measure 26mm on a 15mm rim but it does not matter as they ride really well. Best price in the UK: http://www.highonbikes.com/wheels-tyres ... ci7q9gs2Sp They were a bit slithery in the wet for the first few miles but fine once scrubbed in. They ride well, are comfortable for a road tyre and are also wearing very well, zero punctures in about 6000 miles. I am also impressed by the general quality of production and durability, the rear is looking worn now but not totally gone yet.

I slightly challenge your best price

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... itttyrf610

Cheaper here if you buy a pair or otherwise spend £35. Then at this moment another 10% off if you spend over £50*.
Sorry for leading people into temptation.

*The Campagnolo C9 chains are a good buy.

Well done sir! My excuse is that Ribble were out of stock of 28mm when I last looked. Also I bought my Campag C9 chain from Chain Reaction, I think for exactly the same reason.
mig

Post by mig »

i always associate the production of chains with the economies of scale that come with huge volumes. i wouldn't think that campagnolo sell that many chains so had my doubts as to who was actually the manufacturer.
Maverick777

Post by Maverick777 »

Hi,

Re:Schwalbe Marathon Racer Raceguard Folding Tyre

Thanks for the heads up. Only had a quick spin on these, already the bike feels more agile and nimble.

Cheers
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Any chance you could stop the big blue text maverick?
Sweep
Maverick777

Post by Maverick777 »

Why is that?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Maverick777 wrote:Why is that?

Because it looks as if you're shouting

Back to the OP's tyres.
The Racers are a good supple tyre that rides nicely and rolls well,but would believe you can get better?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Maverick777

Post by Maverick777 »

I'm not
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Maverick777 wrote:I'm not

I know
W H Auden
niggle

Post by niggle »

reohn2 wrote:Back to the OP's tyres.
The Racers are a good supple tyre that rides nicely and rolls well,but would believe you can get better?

Care to enlighten us? (I'm hoping its the Vittoria Randonnuer Hypers)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

niggle wrote:

You got it in one :wink:
W H Auden
niggle

Post by niggle »

reohn2 wrote:
niggle wrote:

You got it in one :wink:

Brilliant, I've got a pair lined up for next project, shame they are all sold out at Planet X (or I would have mentioned earlier in the thread).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

niggle wrote:Brilliant, I've got a pair lined up for next project, shame they are all sold out at Planet X (or I would have mentioned earlier in the thread).

I'd like to recommend them but until I've done a good few(500miles+)I can only say how good they ride.
I'm running them at 75psi rear/45psi front and they roll really well.Forest logging roads and gravelly tracks are smoothed out beautifully,rough tarmac at 16to18mph brings a smile on :D
Yesterday I rode my Thorn audax Mk3(a comfortable bike)on 30mm Sch/Racers @95r/70f and whilst not completely unpleasant and slightly faster,ride quality was nowhere near as good.
I keep pondering a lightish bike(10or11kgs) with big supple rubber such as the 37mm Vit/Hypers or 35mm Sch/Kojaks(similar ride quality),
hmmm :? ............................ of course the Thorn would have to go to fund such a project but I'm halfway there,though not fully committed yet :? .
W H Auden