LUMOTEC IQ Fly senso plus

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
tyrelever

Post by tyrelever »

I have to say what a light !!!!

I have now had mine for nearly a month and it is great.

Light output is fantastic ,the best being the fact that it achieves maximum brightness at very low speed.

The adjustable head is also very good,allowing instantaneous on-the-road alteration to the beam pattern.

Going to try the battery version next !!!!
CJ

Post by CJ »

keithg wrote:Has anyone got a more elegant solution to mounting these with caliper brakes that doesn't involve too much mucking about with your front brakes.
I see Chris' solution is practical but the lights seem a little vulnerable there and I'd like a really robust mounting in front of the headset if possible.
I have Shimano 105 brakes, do I just need a longer central pivot bolt, are they available and where?
Cheers

According to this Shimano information there is only one length of front brake bolt, thicker fork crowns are catered for with longer nuts. The longest nut is 27mm, so if you have the shortest 10.5mm already, that'll probably let you have enough bolt sticking out the front to fit the lamp bracket, plus a thick enough spacer to get it clear of the headset.

Although looking at that exploded view, another wheeze occurs to me: to replace the side pivot bolt with a longer standard M6 bolt, plus a few washers to ensure the bracket clears the brake arm.
Chris Juden
One lady owner, never raced or jumped.
T800

Post by T800 »

Fitted my new Fly IQ Senso Plus today, but it's killing the signal to my wireless Cat Eye Cordless 7 pooter. Grr!

Horrible rain hereabouts this evening, but the light is certainly a step up from the D'Lumotec Oval Senso it replaces.

I'll have to figure out something for the pooter, though. Anyone else had problems with it interfering with their computers?
So, after a lot of thought, I'd like to reconsider. Please, if it's not too late, make it a cheeseburger.

Just a pic of my bike.
toontra

Post by toontra »

keithg wrote:Has anyone got a more elegant solution to mounting these with caliper brakes that doesn't involve too much mucking about with your front brakes.
I see Chris' solution is practical but the lights seem a little vulnerable there and I'd like a really robust mounting in front of the headset if possible.
I have Shimano 105 brakes, do I just need a longer central pivot bolt, are they available and where?
Cheers

You need one of these.

This replaces the nut going through from the back and gives plenty of extra mounting options both on the front and rear of the fork.
seumasl

Post by seumasl »

T800 wrote:Fitted my new Fly IQ Senso Plus today, but it's killing the signal to my wireless Cat Eye Cordless 7 pooter. Grr!

Horrible rain hereabouts this evening, but the light is certainly a step up from the D'Lumotec Oval Senso it replaces.

I'll have to figure out something for the pooter, though. Anyone else had problems with it interfering with their computers?

I phoned the importers of Cateye computers after buying a Blackburn Quadrant 3which I use on mainly on flash mode, he said that apart from the newer 2.4Gh ones all of their wireless computers succumb ot interference.
I asked "like what" he replied "like almost anything, even pedestrian crossings and mobile phones can interfere".
I binned the Cateye Micro and bought a wired VDO with altimeter, but that's another story.
Seumas
js

Re: LUMOTEC IQ Fly senso plus

Post by js »

I purchased the IQ fly without any extra features and powered it from 4AA batteries. It is very bright though I would prefer a larger lens and more sideways light. The only fault I have found is that if you allow a plastic map holder to rest against the lens, the lens will get scratched. Apparently the lens is completely unprotected. I complained to the importers and got no satisfaction that they accepted that this was a problem or that they would do anything about it.
Incidentally I get much more battery life than I expected partly because the light is very bright even when the batteries are almost completely discharged.
Thanks to CREPELLO, james and Phil for the T-cut, Brasso and toothpaste tips below.
Last edited by js on 4 Feb 2010, 5:58pm, edited 5 times in total.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

JS, you can remove scratches from hard plastic with T-cut and a bit of elbow grease.
james01

Post by james01 »

CREPELLO wrote:JS, you can remove scratches from hard plastic with T-cut and a bit of elbow grease.

Brasso metal polish does the job too.
Phil_Lee

Post by Phil_Lee »

Or toothpaste. :D
james01

Post by james01 »

Phil_Lee wrote:Or toothpaste. :D

:idea: Toothpaste is also very effective for cleaning whiteboards which have been written on with permanent marker in error.