road tyres

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
rich g

road tyres

Post by rich g »

I'm sure it 's been asked many times,but i need to replace my tyres, i have been useing Bontrager Race X Lite 700x23,up until today when i had a puncture and split in my tyre.
They have been good tyres this is the first puncture i have had so not sure weather to purchase again or try a different make.
Any suggestions please.
Valbrona

Re: road tyres

Post by Valbrona »

Depends on the level of performance you would like; the better performing tyres being more pricey. I've not come across anything better performing than the top notch offerings from Vittoria, and have used Open Corsa CX in 25c version for a long time.
I should coco.
OnYourRight

Re: road tyres

Post by OnYourRight »

Valbrona wrote:Depends on the level of performance you would like; the better performing tyres being more pricey. I've not come across anything better performing than the top notch offerings from Vittoria, and have used Open Corsa CX in 25c version for a long time.

The Vittoria Open Corsa tyres are nearly unanimously praised for their low rolling resistance and comfort, but they are anything but cheap. Decent alternatives include the Schwalbe Ultremo ZX (or maybe the new Schwalbe One?), the Michelin Pro4 Service Course, and the Continental Grand Prix 4000 S (the latter being a bit pricier again). These are all fast tyres with minimal puncture protection.

Would be worth considering a 25 mm tyre if it fits your bike. The tyres above are all available in 25 mm.